• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i understand you fine, but still disagree. if you want to unseat tories, lib dem is probably the better option this time round, as labour is so un electable historical figures wont matter and by trying to vote tactically for labour will just remove votes from lib dem and give tories a bigger lead.

Not if you live in a constituency where they rank nearly last in the voting history data for the last 20-30 years.

My vote will probably go to one of the smaller parties so they are closer to getting their deposits back. Nadine is in a safe seat but I would rather Cons held the seat than it get handed over to Labour. Will wait and see what the LibDem/UKIP candidates are like before deciding.

I don't get all this tactical voting.

Just vote for who you want in charge, surely that is the whole point. All these people "tactically" voting just messes the whole thing up.
Just vote for who you want is scuppered by the FPTP system which renders huge swathes of support for parties like the Lib Dems or UKIP in 2015 unrepresented because their 30% of support is always trumped by 60% support of either the Conservative or Labour parties.

RIP Labour

For me it's a toss up between Conservatives to protect the economy and Lib Dems for Brexit 2. No idea yet which way I will jump.

not sure if serious ? Cons to protect the economy, they are about to gut it and gut every public service we have and ensure that anyone who is poor will effectively end up in a Victorian workhouse or in the morgue. I hope May and her neo fascist ideals get smashed

The young must deliver this time. Register in good time, and vote. It's the only way to face down the grey army.

Just vote for who you want in charge, surely that is the whole point. All these people "tactically" voting just messes the whole thing up.

But we don't vote for a Prime Minister. We can only vote for candidates to represent our particular seat in parliament. So tactical voting might be the only way to 'vote' for who you want in charge.

Voting for who you want in charge (overall) can mean very little, if they have little or no chance in your local constituency. If it's a close decision, then tactically voting (even if voting for the lesser of two evils), can mean that you take an overall seat away from a party you don't want in power, therefore hopefully influencing the chances for those that you do.

Voting for who you want in charge (overall) can mean very little, if they have little or no chance in your local constituency. If it's a close decision, then tactically voting (even if voting for the lesser of two evils), can mean that you take an overall seat away from a party you don't want in power, therefore hopefully influencing the chances for those that you do.

Well said.

Then one shouldn't be surprised that no one cares about constituent concerns anymore, its all party politics in this game.

Kinda hope theres another coalition. I don't think labours going to do very well with their current leadership, I dont trust Conservatives any more. Lib Dems/Conservatives may be the best of a bad lot.

Will all remainers turn out and vote for the Lib Dems if they promise to reverse leaving the EU? they should win by a landslide shouldn't they? This is the second referendum all you remainers have been moaning for, are you going to turn out and vote and put Farron in charge?

Will all remainers turn out and vote for the Lib Dems if they promise to reverse leaving the EU? they should win by a landslide shouldn't they? This is the second referendum all you remainers have been moaning for, are you going to turn out and vote and put Farron in charge?

I certainly will.

Just vote for who you want is scuppered by the FPTP system which renders huge swathes of support for parties like the Lib Dems or UKIP in 2015 unrepresented because their 30% of support is always trumped by 60% support of either the Conservative or Labour parties.

Are they getting 60% "support" because people are tactically voting them in though?

That's fine if we had proportional representation, but we don't.

Well obviously if your are not represented and you can not vote for the party you would like in charge you are not moving your vote from a party you would vote for to one as a tactic. Although a none option might be better.

But we don't vote for a Prime Minister. We can only vote for candidates to represent our particular seat in parliament. So tactical voting might be the only way to 'vote' for who you want in charge.

I didn't mean literally vote for which prime minister you want running the ship. I meant party... the rest is the same as above.

If everyone voted for who they wanted rather than tactically then maybe that 3rd party would win.

Take my town. Everyone votes Labour to keep the Conservatives out then spends the next 4 years moaning about labour not representing them.

By goading people like that you are just as bad imo.

I can't help but feel that there is only one way to vote. Labour aren't even an effective opposition atm, let alone fit to run the country and negotiate Brexit. The Lib Dems can't reverse time nor the outcome of Brexit. The majority of people have voted to leave Europe. Doesn't matter if given the chance again they would probably vote the other way now. The Libs aren't fit to run the country either.

As much as I don't like TM, I don't see voting for another party as anything more than a protest vote. Just look where that got us last time.

This is a disgrace. The conservatives have tried to cut money from the disabled and systemically underfunded the nhs.

WHY would you vote for that? This election will leave us with a single party government that can do whatever they like without any opposition.

Are they getting 60% "support" because people are tactically voting them in though?

Well obviously if your are not represented and you can not vote for the party you would like in charge you are not moving your vote from a party you would vote for to one as a tactic. Although a none option might be better.

I didn't mean literally vote for which prime minister you want running the ship. I meant party... the rest is the same as above.

If everyone voted for who they wanted rather than tactically then maybe that 3rd party would win.

Take my town. Everyone votes Labour to keep the Conservatives out then spends the next 4 years moaning about labour not representing them.

I agree with you to a point, but it doesn't always happen like that. Or where it does is usually a seat that isn't a safe seat, and is up for the taking. Like I said, if the 3rd party has such low numbers for the past 20-30yrs in the voting data history of that constituency, then I highly doubt that people are suddenly going to change and cause a major swing this time round for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom