• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Rich will pay more' under Labour'
"Yeah I'm down with that..."
'People earning above £70,000 a year could be asked to pay more tax'
"That's not rich! That's doing well!"

Way to go and alienate a huge percentage of the population. Morons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39640804
"Huge percentage"? Go on, tell me what percentage of people you think earn over £70k, then we'll look up what the actual percentage is and then you can admit that you were utterly wrong.

"Huge percentage"? Go on, tell me what percentage of people you think earn over £70k, then we'll look up what the actual percentage is and then you can admit that you were utterly wrong.

It is a small percentage true, but 70K in London wouldn't be considered a very high wage, it might elsewhere in the country.

Personally I think the base rate needs to go up, and the tax free allowance with it. This way the richest do pay more and the poorest pay about the same or slightly less, but the middle income earners do need to chip in a little more if we're going to avoid our services going into meltdown or increasing the public debt. The benefit for them is a working NHS, care system and a good state school to send their kids.

I must admit I'm surprised at the number of LibDem 'voters' in this poll (I am a LibDem voter)

My guess is the majority of people want them purely for their Brexit stance.

Then again, this entire GE will be based on the parties Brexit stance rather than their other policies so people will be blindly voting for a party whose policies they know nothing about!

The Lib Dem's have traditionally been a protest vote, if you look at the elections results in 2015 for places like Kingston Upon Hull west and Hessle the Lib Dems lost the same amount of vote as UKIP gained fast forward to today and with Brexit etc there's no reason why they can't reclaim that title again.

Oh well looks like we're all ****ed. This country is doomed :(. This is just the final charade before Theresa goes full bat **** crazy because the elite know there's not much milking that can be done and Theresa needs to externalise the blame for her poor decisions onto the citizens. She knows she cant sustain anything, she knows that the population are just slaves for the elite. Slavery is finally coming to an end and the only way to get rid of 50 million angry slaves is with the help of North Korea and other foreign nuclear bombs.

**** sake.

It is a small percentage true, but 70K in London wouldn't be considered a very high wage, it might elsewhere in the country.

I'm intrigued does everyone in london earn 50K a year then just for getting out of bed?

Im sure thats not true at all based on ons 34.5k a year is average in london. Anyone who is earning twice the average area wage is doing very well for themselves london or not

When the average wage in the country is about 20k, earning 70k is fair game to be considered rich.

True enough.

I don't see increasing income tax on people earning £70k+ as unreasonable TBH. The Tories keep banging on about how there's no money, yet they managed to find enough to cut the top rate of income tax, increase the tax free allowance, and raise the threshold for higher rate taxpayers. Some of their adjustments have been the right decision, but they haven't been balanced with tax increases elsewhere.

If we want good schools, an effective health service, adequate care for the elderly, the disabled, and mentally ill, then we're going to need tax rises. Those tax rises will have to be placed on those who are thriving; increasing the tax burden on the poor is a disincentive to work and will only increase the in/out of work benefits bill (the inverse of what we've seen over the past 7 years).

It sucks for those earning £70k+ per year. But the alternative is that our public services get progressively worse.

True enough.

I don't see increasing income tax on people earning £70k+ as unreasonable TBH. The Tories keep banging on about how there's no money, yet they managed to find enough to cut the top rate of income tax, increase the tax free allowance, and raise the threshold for higher rate taxpayers. Some of their adjustments have been the right decision, but they haven't been balanced with tax increases elsewhere.

If we want good schools, an effective health service, adequate care for the elderly, the disabled, and mentally ill, then we're going to need tax rises. Those tax rises will have to be placed on those who are thriving; increasing the tax burden on the poor is a disincentive to work and will only increase the in/out of work benefits bill (the inverse of what we've seen over the past 7 years).

It sucks for those earning £70k+ per year. But the alternative is that our public services get progressively worse.

How about corporation tax? Currently at 19%.

The tax burden on the 'rich' has already increased and I don't think lowering the 45% threshold (if that's what Labour are planning), would be a vote winner.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ns-pay-no-income-tax-as-burden-on-rich-incre/

Hope people remember the snoopers charter when it comes time to vote.

pretty much a non-issue for most people and hardly high on the agenda for people who'd care about it anyway

Brexit is the main issue here and after that there are a whole bunch of other things that most people are going to be more concerned about than the snoopers charter

If we want good schools, an effective health service, adequate care for the elderly, the disabled, and mentally ill

I don't think the Conservatives want these things though unless they are provided by private companies and paid for by the users either directly or via privately sourced insurance. Much like the US.

pretty much a non-issue for most people and hardly high on the agenda for people who'd care about it anyway

Brexit is the main issue here and after that there are a whole bunch of other things that most people are going to be more concerned about than the snoopers charter

People should care about it - its only the tip of the iceberg but its shows the iceberg is there. Unfortunately like a lot of things people lack the insight or imagination to see the implications until it slaps them in the face, usually too late to do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom