• Labour

• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a forum comprised of a lot of people with disposable income to spend on luxury items, kind of obvious it would have conservative bias

Jesus wept the poll reveals on here everyone is going conservative, what the hell is wrong with u lot, u must want the NHS sold or something, utterly unbelievable
I was under the impression that it was Nu labour which started the main thrust of NHS privatisation under various guises whether PFI or otherwise. Granted it was based on a framework which was worked up by the previous Conservative government, however they had every opportunity to ignore/scrap it.

Jesus wept the poll reveals on here everyone is going conservative, what the hell is wrong with u lot, u must want the NHS sold or something, utterly unbelievable

I don't want it sold off but I would rather the NHS outsources it's nor core functions to private companies which shouldn't be feared; as at 2015 the NHS was spending around 6% of it's budget on external/private contractors (up from 4% in 2010). Tbh there's a lot more that could be done you could out source procurement, accounting and other administrative functions to private companies that don't have to fund expensive final salary pension scheme's but alas the politics of this gets in the way of good management.

This forum has always been Tory loving/leaning.

The forums liberal left have created a refuge in the Brexit thread where they have beaten the mods into submission with endless RTM's and threads in FCD and got anyone that doesn't love the Lib Dems / EU thread banned. It's a safe haven for anyone interested. :p

I was under the impression that it was Nu labour which started the main thrust of NHS privatisation under various guises whether PFI or otherwise.

Wasn't 'Nu labour' just a jumble of previous conservative policies with a left wing spin on them? Although not a policy Tony Blair's famous phrase 'tough on crime and tough on the causes on crime' springs to mind when I try and remember what his brand of labour was all about.

Maybe your view is different to other peoples views of how things are in the country. We all live in different places, with different services and requirements. I dont think in one moment that the NHS will be sold on the scale I have heard and I expect others will have a different view. You are assuming you are right and others are wrong when the reality is normally somewhere in the middle

I note the SNP abstained, wouldn't it be great if the SNP mp's had some gonads and did not obey, without question, the orders of Sturgeon, they are embarrassing.

I was under the impression that it was Nu labour which started the main thrust of NHS privatisation under various guises whether PFI or otherwise. Granted it was based on a framework which was worked up by the previous Conservative government, however they had every opportunity to ignore/scrap it.

Nu Labour was Thatcherism lite in that respect.

When it comes to nationalisation vs privatisation, It seems very simple to me. If it's a vital service which is natural a monopoly, (NHS, police, fire service, ambulance service, Education, care system, public transport, armed forces etc) it should be state run.
If it's not a vital service, and not a natural monopoly it should be privately owned and the state should only interfere if the market is clearly not working.

You don't however expect the NHS to make all their own drugs or have their own building departments, so there will always be some private sector involvement in nationalised sectors, but the project management should be overseen by the customer here, and the core of the industry should not be in private hands. Having schools and hospitals run on behalf of the state by private companies is privatization, getting them to build them for you after agreeing a contract is not. Simply handing over state assets to private companies when there's an issue costs us the taxpayer more money in the long run than fixing the issue.

The forums liberal left have created a refuge in the Brexit thread where they have beaten the mods into submission with endless RTM's and threads in FCD and got anyone that doesn't love the Lib Dems / EU thread banned. It's a safe haven for anyone interested. :p

The only thing that got people banned from speaker's corner was bating/trolling and name calling.
If you have an issue with the moderation you should take it up in the Forum content discussion.

Last edited:
Why is that embarrassing? It's no skin off their nose whether there's a GE or not, it's unlikely to make any real difference to them.

I meant it is embarrassing the way that the SNP behaves in the the chamber generally by showing that they cannot have any other opinion except that of Nichola Sturgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom