• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Because they're not? My own experience of the NHS has been entirely positive. And I used to work at a hospital.

Yeah exactly my point the NHS is working and just needs a little more money, but the point is the torys are doing what they can to end it.

At a slight tangent. I hear your concerns against the Tories, were you a remainer iro Brexit?

Yes because all studies and logical analysis shows remaining in the EU makes sense.

I have been proven correct - as have the experts - the £ has slumped and any studies that support brexit have recently been debunked.

Everything correctly minded experts are saying is and has been proved correct.

This is why its so perplexing for me - factual life is proving leaving the EU is stupid and its playing out as predicted, the UK will loose and is loosing from leaving.

There is no factual evidence or expert advice saying how wonderful it is.

Soldato
Why though ? Why those results ? The problem with the demographic on this forum is white males aged 30+ - im in this category as well, yet , 42.5% of you want to pay for your health care? Is it because your all relatively rich ? And you can happily pay £60-100 a month to get health care? Do you all have private dental care as well ?

This is all fine and dandy but doesn't suit most of the population, why pay for an NHS when its free now ?

How do you not see the torys are running the nhs into the ground? there is plenty money for it, but its gone on tax relief for the rich.

I don't understand how people think its acceptable, even made fun of.

Its not free - its costs us billions in taxes. Yes there is plenty of money its just wasted on other government handouts. Everyone gets tax relief - i.e not taxed at 100% and I expect you find that the rich make a substantial tax contribution. I'm not rich btw but I do recognise that there is a point where rises in tax actually result in a net loss in tax. Those rich enough find some other country to give it too (normally at a lower rate as well).

Soldato
Thanks for the explanation. However I was approaching it from a different angle.

You hate the Tories because they look after the well off and don't look after the poor. Apparently.

However you are pro EU? Something that has decimated some of the poorest countries and people in Europe. Spain, Portugal, Greece, even Italy. 30% unemployment. Higher for 18-30 bracket. Ok these were never the bastion of modern civilisation but they made things work. Somehow.

But because the EU benefits the UK, or more specifically you, it's great.

Don't worry, everyone who bangs the Anti-Tory drum thinks exactly the same as you, so you're not alone. You sit on this high horse stating how you're about the people, Tory voters are idiots, scum, etc. But as soon as you are classed as 'well off', in this case on the EU stage, it all disappears.

It's an 'I'm alright Jack' mentality, just your 'I'm alright Jack' isn't at the same level as some others.

I'm not arguing whether or not as a nation the UK is better in or out. I don't think there is much in it either way personally. But there is no denying the EU benefits the richer countries... And some how this is ok, but Tories are scum of the earth.

Caporegime
I don't want it sold off but I would rather the NHS outsources it's nor core functions to private companies which shouldn't be feared; as at 2015 the NHS was spending around 6% of it's budget on external/private contractors (up from 4% in 2010). Tbh there's a lot more that could be done you could out source procurement, accounting and other administrative functions to private companies that don't have to fund expensive final salary pension scheme's but alas the politics of this gets in the way of good management.

final salary pension schemes were scrapped a while back.

it's now an average salary pension scheme.

also do you really think a private company has the public interest at heart? have you seen the local council scandals involving outsourcing work to AMEY?

if anything we should be wanting the government to take back control of every major service in this country. what has privatisation done for public transport? it's still being propped up by taxpayers.

also salaries in the public sector are a pittance compared to the private sector. you can have people managing 80+ employees on less than £30K a year.

Soldato
also salaries in the public sector are a pittance compared to the private sector. you can have people managing 80+ employees on less than £30K a year.

Wasn't the whole public vs private average wage gap proved to be basically non existent over last few years? With public sector pay overtaking for a small period?

Associate
THIS
17990985_1868342510092356_7682584888028090747_n.jpg

its funny because the emporer, i mean May is trying to consolidate power so theres no opposition in the senate

Soldato
Its not free - its costs us billions in taxes. Yes there is plenty of money its just wasted on other government handouts. Everyone gets tax relief - i.e not taxed at 100% and I expect you find that the rich make a substantial tax contribution. I'm not rich btw but I do recognise that there is a point where rises in tax actually result in a net loss in tax. Those rich enough find some other country to give it too (normally at a lower rate as well).

Well yeah it costs taxes.............but if the NHS was privatized do you think for one nano second the government would drop tax in accordance with now not having to pay for an NHS ?

OF COURSE THEY WON'T !!

Tax would stay the same - AND we'd have ANOTHER tax on top of then paying for our health care (when I say another tax I mean another mandatory fee per month, I would imagine like car insurance or council tax you would 'have to' pay for it)

Soldato
I'm currently undecided - But if I had to say who I'd vote for tomorrow, it'd be Lib Dems.

I understand the Conservatives are likely to win nonetheless :p

Soldato
Not if everyone votes for labour - the only way to win is any non conservative vote goes to labour - and the 16 million that didnt vote before, now vote.

This is true - And this is definitely one thing I will have to keep in mind when it comes to the vote...

If the Conservatives win, the opposition will be almost none existent, and I don't like that idea...

Soldato
This is true - And this is definitely one thing I will have to keep in mind when it comes to the vote...

If the Conservatives win, the opposition will be almost none existent, and I don't like that idea...

Yes its EXACTLY why Mad May has called the election - she doesnt have many powers right now.

that's the scary part! and that is what TM wants.

IMO that'd be a suicide.

Yes, according to that survey I did torys are 33% more hard right than even UKIP

Its alarming

Caporegime
Breaking News: Farage 'likely' to stand as MP in Thanet South again. https://www.channel4.com/news/farage-likely-to-stand-in-thanet-south

If the polls are correct (and it's a big 'if') then the Conservatives will have a parliamentary majority of similar size to Tony Blair's government. Nothing new in other words.

Caporegime
Probably if you include the pension and benefits

what benefits? the pension has also been decimated as of late, it's great if you retired 5+ years ago. however anyone joining now signs up to the new t & c's also the same for anyone gaining a promotion.

lost holidays, pension, etc. you now have to pay more for your pension as well as the final salary scheme being cut, also had to pay increased NIC.

also the public sector unless your an MP, Nurse or Police. Hasn't had a pay rise in over 12 years. It won't see another pay rise either for at least the next 3 years.

soon you could have the people who collect the governments taxes working on minimum wage by 2021.

Soldato
I'll be more certain after the locals, but I'm going to throw out a nightmare scenario from my crystal ball here:

Tory majority: 180
  • Tories: 415
  • Labour: 136
  • UKIP: 0
  • LD: 25
  • SNP: 51
  • Green: 1
  • PC: 3
  • + NI politics.
Though I doubt the LD's will recover that much, and will do better in the locals than nationally. The numbers don't look right for Labour on the ground, the campaign is short, the money slim. Likewise, the mood music of the times does not favour Jezza's partisanship.

Caporegime
also the public sector unless your an MP, Nurse or Police. Hasn't had a pay rise in over 12 years. It won't see another pay rise either for at least the next 3 years.
That's tosh. My mate works in IT for the nhs and gets 2 rises a year. His band/grade increase and a pay rise.

He also gains something like 2 days holiday per year.

Caporegime
That's tosh. My mate works in IT for the nhs and gets 2 rises a year. His band/grade increase and a pay rise.

He also gains something like 2 days holiday per year.

he must be on a special programme. like the graduate scheme.

you don't get any increase in holidays from year 1 til year 10. so 10 years worth of service then you get an additional 5 days. after that nothing. unless your on a special programme or in a very senior position.

so yeah your mate is on a special programme and probably very well paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom