• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Public bodies, like the NHS, may suffer from some inefficiencies but so do the kinds of companies who do outsourcing work. All of the public sector-focused outsourcing companies that I've work with spend all of their energies of winning work rather than doing work. The spend extraordinary sums on marketing and sales whilst cutting as many corners as possible when doing the work.

Caporegime
Public bodies, like the NHS, may suffer from some inefficiencies but so do the kinds of companies who do outsourcing work. All of the public sector-focused outsourcing companies that I've work with spend all of their energies of winning work rather than doing work. The spend extraordinary sums on marketing and sales whilst cutting as many corners as possible when doing the work.

+1

the answer isn't outsourcing or privatisation. they would be far worse for everyone.

the answer is to fix the issue of corruption and people promoted beyond their means due to a ridiculous application process. their needs to be an internal affairs type body set up. also there needs to be severe punishment for anyone found guilty of corruption so bad that nobody would even think about it. as in minimum 5 years in prison.

Caporegime
+1

the answer isn't outsourcing or privatisation. they would be far worse for everyone.

the answer is to fix the issue of corruption and people promoted beyond their means due to a ridiculous application process. their needs to be an internal affairs type body set up. also there needs to be severe punishment for anyone found guilty of corruption so bad that nobody would even think about it. as in minimum 5 years in prison.

Yeah there needs to be some kind of internal auditing but again people are fallible and nothing stops those people being corrupt or incompetent. Also that would then cost £££ especially for an organisation the size of the NHS.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
So, I have had a little more time to think on this and will be voting Labour.

If by some chance he wins (Look at Trump) there will be a earthquake through british politics that has been rumbling for decades since Thatcher.

We need this more than a brexit discussion, which is all the TORY party have in the bag.

Soldato
Labour have given me an idea for a film:

A politician from the 70s is found frozen in ice. Scientists defrost the politician and make him leader of a modern political party. Hilarity ensues when he doesn’t understand the modern world and tries to implement policies from the time he was frozen!

Yeah, I’ll be voting conservative.

Soldato
I must admit I'm surprised at the number of LibDem 'voters' in this poll (I am a LibDem voter)

My guess is the majority of people want them purely for their Brexit stance.

Then again, this entire GE will be based on the parties Brexit stance rather than their other policies so people will be blindly voting for a party whose policies they know nothing about!

Going against the will of the people is a very silly thing for the Lib Dems, they will gain some seats and vote share but will still be a protest part like UKip.

Soldato
You must be a conservative supporter or a troll.

What exactly have labour got 'on point'?

Die hard labour supporters are jumping ship.

You also claim to be pro-EU. Lib Dems are more pro-EU at this point in time than labour. Yet your claiming to be jumping ship to Labour.

What the HELL are you on about?

Labour are on point with human rights, keeping the NHS, taxing big business, increasing minimum wage........ i.e. more traditional labour, than blairs tory lite.

Yes I am pro EU, but for some mad reason no parties are promising to stop brexit.

Also im not thick, if the votes are split between lab/libdem/other, that will let the torys win..........first past the post IS NOT democracy, its idiocy.

So I am forced to play the game - labour has the only chance of competing statistically, my heart says lib dem, but tactically the smart money is voting labour - whatever i can do to remove power from torys is where its at.

I suggest 43% of this forum stop buying right wing news papers owned my millionares telling you what to think, and cancel your TV license to avoid the BBC being a tory mouth piece.

The consumerism programmed into many on this forum is horrific, your all towing the american way of thinking - robocop satirises this very well, you all want an 'OCP' corp running our lives.

How about humanity first, business last.

Soldato
final salary pension schemes were scrapped a while back.

it's now an average salary pension scheme.

also do you really think a private company has the public interest at heart? have you seen the local council scandals involving outsourcing work to AMEY?

if anything we should be wanting the government to take back control of every major service in this country. what has privatisation done for public transport? it's still being propped up by taxpayers.

also salaries in the public sector are a pittance compared to the private sector. you can have people managing 80+ employees on less than £30K a year.

AMEY, their looking at some schools in Scotland that were closed down due to safety fears. I'm not sure what the point here is but it shows some of the absurdity in local councils at awarding contractors (I say absurd but there's got to some foul play/golden handshakes going on between the certain public officials and the companies directors).

As for public transport and in particular trains we should look at why it costs so much to run in the first place compared to say the costs of flying a modern jet liner. The profits made my the railway companies are tiny compared to their turnover (net profit margins are as slim as 3% on certain franchises), most of the money we pay goes to network rail which is owned by the government. If you took away public subsidies for public transport it will mean more cars on the road, if you want cheaper railways we need to look at cost drivers the largest of which is staff. Rail staff are highly unionised and as result enjoy very good salaries, generous benefits and a golden pension, now that's all very well but you and I pay for it every time we travel. So if you expect private companies to show how magic up cheaper fares then we need to look at driverless trains and self help stations and renewable energies the problem is Union's will very rightly fight for their staff and making redundancies is expensive and time consuming. I think back to when trains we government run and I dispair, trains were often late and the rolling stock was in really bad condition and out of date, that's not really what I want to back to. At least with private companies if one is doing badly you can revoke their license/franchise, if network rail is running the line any complaints you have will fall on deaf ears.

Don
Going against the will of the people is a very silly thing for the Lib Dems

The thing is, it's only the will of 51.9% of the people who voted in the referendum. If the 48.1% who voted to remain were to vote LibDem they would win the GE with a majority (assuming the leave voters were split between Lab, Con, and UKIP).
I think it's a pretty good strategy for them TBH.

Soldato
What the HELL are you on about?

Labour are on point with human rights, keeping the NHS, taxing big business, increasing minimum wage........ i.e. more traditional labour, than blairs tory lite.

Yes I am pro EU, but for some mad reason no parties are promising to stop brexit.

I suggest 43% of this forum stop buying right wing news papers owned my millionares telling you what to think, and cancel your TV license to avoid the BBC being a tory mouth piece.

The consumerism programmed into many on this forum is horrific, your all towing the american way of thinking - robocop satirises this very well, you all want an 'OCP' corp running our lives.

How about humanity first, business last.

Maybe because stopping Brexit is political suicide?

See one of my last posts to you regarding the EU seeing as you are still preaching 'humanity first, business last' and are pro-EU.

Not sure what to say to the other ramblings.

Soldato
Wow currently 42% to the conservatives in the OCUK poll even if that is close to reality it will wipe out labour. Might be one of those votes that will shape a generation, if true then Corbyn will have a lot to answer for.

Down on what it usually is especially as the UKIP vote is much lower than normal. The Lib-Dem vote is much higher than usual. If the election happens with the usual OCUK poll rating it means the Tories are in trouble and the LDs will gain quite a few seats.

Associate
It does make me laugh that anyone who thinks this GE will remove the Conservatives from power are naive (bordering on idiotic).

On a controversial note and as a public sector worker myself, I don't see the NHS being run into the ground by anything other than the British public themselves. The days of feeling entitled to £100k worth of treatment because you have paid your monthly £50 NI over the last 20 years is over. Stop using the NHS as a daycare centre for your old Nan because its cheaper and easier for you to leave her than take her home.

The maths do not work. The sooner the public realise this, the better things will be.

Tories are the only viable choice for the next 5 years I'm afraid so give them the power to do what needs to be done.

Soldato
The thing is, it's only the will of 51.9% of the people who voted in the referendum. If the 48.1% who voted to remain were to vote LibDem they would win the GE with a majority (assuming the leave voters were split between Lab, Con, and UKIP).
I think it's a pretty good strategy for them TBH.
There's also the fact that turnout was only 72% (or the voters actually registered), considering people who want change are more likely to go out and vote for it than people in favour of the status quo it's a very good strategy.

If Clegg was still leader and they ran on an "elect us and we will halt Brexit" campaign it's very feasible they could actually win, but Fallon isn't Clegg.

Don
It does make me laugh that anyone who thinks this GE will remove the Conservatives from power are naive (bordering on idiotic).

People said the same about Trump winning the US presidency.
People said the same about the UK leaving the EU.

However, I am inclined to agree with you. The numbers do look very good for the Tories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom