• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
They stand for a lot. They're just completely split over the central issue of today/this period.

In all fairness, as per the Labour thread in SK, their recent policy blitz and updates have put forth a more or less Ed Miliband-maxi option on the table. The policies are popular individually, but Corbyn and McD are personally struggling against the incumbents with the voters, and the policies still lack detail on funding options. Hence nobody listens.

Caporegime
So democracy is working then? If the general population lack confidence in labour they should have less seats. I don't think it neccessarily means more seats for the conservatives though, more likely a few here and there, with fringe parties rising up the ranks further.
Great democracy is working.

Except it isn't great, is it? There's an outside chance that with the current seats distribution the Tories can be held in check (you can argue about how ineffectual Labour are at another time). Having the Tories freed from this check, and furthermore freed from the further checks of the EU is not a situation I ever want to be in. If thats democracy you can stuff it. We have one of the most authoritarian governments in the world, I don't think democracy is about handing them even more power, and enabling them to weasel out of the designed checks on that power.

Soldato
A very cynically clever move as there is essentially no opposition so that's another 4-5 years of punishment for anyone other than the rich. :(

Be interesting if the Lib Dems or another campaign from a platform of cancelling Brexit, that would be hurling a cat into the pigeon coop.

Soldato
I voted Lib Dems last time and will vote for them again this time. Not like it matters though, I live in a Conservative stronghold. Interestingly though we were one of the few places to actually vote remain in Wales.

Soldato
OP
What kind of PM starts the 2-year Article 50 time bomb ticking then wastes 10% of the time window on an election? Such an opportunist move, putting party before country.
In what was does it waste anything, mainly the same civil servants and privately employed teams will be managing the same negotiations, which will be so slow, because thus far, no one has a clue where to start.
Europe haven't even started their side of things yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom