• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
What was that about the Scottish Ref. Usual hypocritical politician.

The proposed general election occurs prior to the expected start of the Brexit talks (given the eu summit at the end of this month and the French elections in may.)

Was sturgeon proposing a referendum in a lull?

Also, the Scottish referendum can have no impact on the eu question as has already been confirmed by the eu, in or out of the UK, Scotland leaves the eu and has to reapply.

Soldato
The only people making him out to be incompetent are the lying cheating press and the blairites.
I know who I would trust - he's far more apt than the last lot of leaders we've had - intent on making their own bank balances higher and nothing else.

Tbh, zoomee, I don't think we can settle this on here. If he crashes and burns in the debates and the campaign, will you finally accept he's not up to the task of leading the opposition?

Man of Honour
Tbh, this election is the best thing that can happen to Labour. If it's a Tory landslide, Corbyn will have to go and they can get back to being a decent opposition again rather than a laughing stock

Soldato
Wow this is very exciting - unfortunately I can't see this being anything other than landslide to conservations. There is no credible opposition leader :/

There will probably be a mild swing in favour of lib dems.

Will not be about the leader, but the Brexit manifesto of each party.

You want hard Brexit, then keep them in.

You want the softest possible Brexit, then vote against.

There will be lots of protest votes, myself included

Man of Honour
The election should have only been called when the outcome of the Brexit negotiations is known and the country has a say on whether to accept the terms or not so the right wing of the Tory party must be rubbing their hands today. Hopefully they'll get a kick in the balls with a hung parliament.

Soldato
Of course there has to be protest! You can't take May lying down!

The election should have only been called when the outcome of the Brexit negotiations is known and the country has a say on whether to accept the terms or not so the right wing of the Tory party must be rubbing their hands today. Hopefully they'll get a kick in the balls with a hung parliament.

I think they've had enough 'will of the people' for one slogan, thanks. Their thinking is quite one-dimensional on this. Go hard on Brexit, screw the public and blame them for it.

Soldato
Nothing will change love the thinking that the country will crash and burn Judge Dredd will be unleashed and we will have those with power in towers looking down on inbred toothless dregs drudging like aps through the dirt.

Its a general election seriously someone will win someone will lose but very little will change bexit will still happen whatever the general population want will hopefully happen and the country and world will keep spinning

Im sure however internet forums will **** off whoever wins, the party that loses will call for hangings and the 48% that lose will scream that its been rigged and will threaten to leave the country if things dont get reveresed

Caporegime
People are morons they vote on the events of the previous weeks news.
They protest vote of nonsense.
This isn't going to show people want the Tories to guide them.
This will show again people are sick of 2 party politics and cost cutting.....
I really have no idea how this benefits anyone but bankers and shareholders co distance. But that's all that matters to people right folks?

Soldato
The proposed general election occurs prior to the expected start of the Brexit talks (given the eu summit at the end of this month and the French elections in may.)

Was sturgeon proposing a referendum in a lull?

Also, the Scottish referendum can have no impact on the eu question as has already been confirmed by the eu, in or out of the UK, Scotland leaves the eu and has to reapply.

Yes, neatly body swerved trying to sell a bad Brexit deal to the country and losing power in 2020. This was done for party politics.

You obviously are forgetting May's statement of 'Now is not the tome when negotiations are about to start. A distraction'.

No impact? Sturgeon was going on Scotland in the EU. Admittedly little impact as there is only one Tory MP North of the border so they do not have much to lose.

Soldato
People are morons they vote on the events of the previous weeks news.
They protest vote of nonsense.
This isn't going to show people want the Tories to guide them.
This will show again people are sick of 2 party politics and cost cutting.....
I really have no idea how this benefits anyone but bankers and shareholders co distance. But that's all that matters to people right folks?

Divided and bonkers. It's the British way!

Soldato
I guess if they strongly believe they can increase their majority then holding the election now makes sense as brexit talks are effectively on hold until the French / German elections are over. Will also give them more time in later stages of negotiations when events could have potentially made them unpopular in an election.

No idea on how I'll vote though, will have to see what positions each party takes. I don't really want to give the Tories more power, labour just seems to be in constant in-fighting and the lib dems position of effectively saying to the EU "Sorry, we didn't mean it" is ridiculous. My guess is that the vote will be between hard exit (Tories) or a soft exit (lib dem / labour) but I wouldn't be surprised if voter apathy is high.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Will not be about the leader, but the Brexit manifesto of each party.

You want hard Brexit, then keep them in.

You want the softest possible Brexit, then vote against.

There will be lots of protest votes, myself included
I agree but I can't think of any reason to vote labour right now. It's conservative or lib dems and, really, the likelihood of lib dems winning is zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom