Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I said yesterday The more i see of corbyn the more I like him. So I will be voting for him
That said im concerned if that if Labour win... that brexit will be a mess (it will be a mess no matter what party) but Labour will get the blame.
Im wondering if it would be worth it for the tories to win.... it would make them unelectable for a while.... anger is brewing and a lot of people are getting the brunt of their policies.
There'll always be blame. If the Conservatives get in (which they likely will) and Brexit is a disaster, they'll blame it on:

1) If they don't get a landslide victory, Labour. They'll say that they weren't able to make tough calls due to opposition in the commons. See: "strong and stable" and "mandate".
2) If they *do* get a landslide victory, the EU negotiators. They'll say that they were mean and nasty and weren't willing to give us a good deal.
3) Alternatively, nobody. They'll just say that they got the best deal possible and spend the next 3 years cleaning it up.

You see, that's what this election gives them: 3 years on top of Brexit. TM knows that there's a chance that Brexit will be a disaster, at least in the short term. Without this election there'd be another GE not long after completion of Brexit talks and if the economy is in tatters, there'd be a huge swing away from the Cons. Even if in 2022 the economy still hasn't fully recovered the likelihood is that it would be improving, and the Cons can use that as a platform. Same goes for Labour: if they get in and Brexit is disastrous they'll find someone to blame. They'll get 3 years to try to recover it.

Man of Honour
OP
The man is as tough as nails, don't confuse that with being down to earth and approachable. He has survived two of the toughest internal challenges (coups) to leadership faced by a politician in UK politics and come out with even greater party member support.

People seem to forget this. Strength can only be measured through the ability to endure challenges, and Jeremy Corbyn has certainly endured challenges in a way Theresa May hasn't. If any of the polls are anything to go by, then it's looking very much like she's actually failing the test that is this election.

Associate
People seem to forget this. Strength can only be measured through the ability to endure challenges, and Jeremy Corbyn has certainly endured challenges in a way Theresa May hasn't. If any of the polls are anything to go by, then it's looking very much like she's actually failing the test that is this election.

Well said. Hes got far bigger balls than that 'woman'

Soldato

His whole career has been about endurance and fighting for what he believes in. He is getting my vote and I have voted only conservative previously.

Soldato
Well said. Hes got far bigger balls than that 'woman'

Agree with this but then hes always known that the membership would back him up regardless so he's not had that much of a worry over his leadership status.
I do worry about what sort of team he could put together if he does get in. You could argue that his personal ratings have improved over time but everytime DA is put infront of an interviewer she looks like shes making it up as she goes (and some of the time she is)

Unless the PLP turn and decide to support him it could be a tricky time in office if he gets in

Mobster
Soldato
The most amazing thing is how we've gone from "it will never happen" to "what if it happens" in just a few short days. If this forum is at all representative, it might be a rather interesting election.

I will be voting Conservative but because of my MP and not May. In terms of Labour, let them try I say and see what happens.

Soldato
Field experts in important areas, always a tricky one for the electee to get right.

If he wins or gains significant seats he will regain support from the key MPs who can function as a solid cabinet. I doubt his shadow cabinet will all go forward.

Abbot won't last long in a key role if appointed to fill cabinet.

Corbyn has definately matured well and rapidly in his role as party leader.

Soldato
The most amazing thing is how we've gone from "it will never happen" to "what if it happens" in just a few short days. If this forum is at all representative, it might be a rather interesting election.

I will be voting Conservative but because of my MP and not May. In terms of Labour, let them try I say and see what happens.

In one sad way I hope he gets it and we can sit back and watch how he delivers all those things without bleeding everyone dry / borrowing a couple hundred billion quid. If he does it then I'll tip my hat and admit I was wrong. I think at the start of it he was promising the moon on a stick knowing he had little chance of winning but it might just dawn on him hes got to deliver some of this stuff

Soldato
If he wins, and borrows/taxes to pay for all this stuff, and it doesn't bankrupt the nation - fair play.

If he wins, and borrows/taxes pay for all this stuff, and DOES bankrupt the nation - who is to blame? May? Cameron? Corporations? The EU? Leave voters? ISIS? Or, just Labour being Labour as normal?

Permabanned
If he wins, and borrows/taxes to pay for all this stuff, and it doesn't bankrupt the nation - fair play.

If he wins, and borrows/taxes pay for all this stuff, and DOES bankrupt the nation - who is to blame? May? Cameron? Corporations? The EU? Leave voters? ISIS? Or, just Labour being Labour as normal?

When we leave and brexit ruins our economy... who will conservatives / the media blame? corbyn, the EU, immigrants, remoaners.... Just tories being tories as normal

Man of Honour
After the Islamic killings in London. I'm finding hard to believe that people here support a racist and a IRA supporter that lead labour.
Makes one think.

Its crazy that people can't see through Corbyn or even if we take Corbyn out of the equation even one look behind the curtain should have people running a mile... the electorate never learns :(

If people want real change it is time to leave both the Tories and Labour in the dirt.

Caporegime
After the Islamic killings in London. I'm finding hard to believe that people here support a racist and a IRA supporter that lead labour.
Makes one think.
That boring claptrap is getting old. As boring when you was all high on ukip and farage. You really think people actually care about your opinion of him? Clearly not.

Soldato
Makes one think.

1: I think people right now are more concerned with the ISIS inspired attack in Manchester, which occurred as a direct result of May cutting police budgets/staff thus preventing them from stopping a known terrorist blowing up multiple children.

2: For all of Diane Abbot (Shadow Home Secretary and former girlfriend of Corbyn)'s failings, she is black, that kinda blows your racism argument out of the water.

3: Condemning the IRA != supporting the IRA, if you think meeting with their ex members turned politicians is wrong then every major Tory/Labour figure of the last 20-30 years has done that. Also one of the Tory MPs is an ex IRA member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom