Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
You believe that because that is what the press is telling you to believe. Look into his "personal baggage" around the IRA and it amounts to nothing. He's a pacifist so thinks that bombing each other isn't the answer. He maintains he had no contact with the IRA but met with Sinn Fein which it transpires was exactly what the government at the time was also doing, they just did it in secret.

This is incorrect, he did also meet with the members of the IRA too. He was "mistaken" when he said he had only met Sinn Fein members. He was, like a number of people on the left of politics, a supporter of Irish Republicanism. There is little evidence of Corbyn doing anything other than supporting the Republican struggle. There does seem to be an attempt to rewrite history and make Corbyn instrumental in the peace process, which he initially was against.

Soldato
This is incorrect, he did also meet with the members of the IRA too. He was "mistaken" when he said he had only met Sinn Fein members. He was, like a number of people on the left of politics, a supporter of Irish Republicanism. There is little evidence of Corbyn doing anything other than supporting the Republican struggle. There does seem to be an attempt to rewrite history and make Corbyn instrumental in the peace process, which he initially was against.

I guess that depends on how much weight you give the Anglo Irish agreement vs the Good Friday Agreement really. He was certainly against the Anglo Irish Agreement but signed the Good Friday agreement in the 90's. Even Thatcher had misgivings over it because the loyalists hated it as well. I'm really unsure where this history re-write is though, its pretty well documented.

BuZ

BuZ

Associate
LOL @ the poll's results so far - makes me laugh actually, mainly because of the thought of the Tories/Conservatives winning again makes me sick to my mind and stomach.

Soldato
The weird thing is the Cons lying about it is preferred to Corbyn being honest saying "I'll try and reduce it but we'll see"

There is no chance, none whatsoever that migration will reduce in any meaningful manner.
The Cons are making vaguely nonesensical promises and not committing to anything (as they, for all their faults, are realists and have no intention of reducing migration as it would torpedo the economy) but people are taking vaguely worded nonesense that things will change. It won't! If you believe it will you are so wilfully stupid I despair.

The Cons don't want to reduce migration, they lie about wishing to do so and are rewarded for it. Labour don't want to reduce migration, they are steadfast in refusing to commit to this but aren't outright pro migration and are punished for it. Lib Dems are pro migration and are punished for this.

The lesson morons on the right are giving politicians is, don't tell us the truth just whisper sweet nothings in our ear and we'll believe you.

Baffling.

I agree with all that. However, I don't see it as markedly different in principle to Labour on economics and their ponies for everyone manifesto. Both Labour and Conservatives are offering things I'm unconvinced they can deliver.

Though I will concede to you that with the Conservatives it is knowing deception and with Labour it might well be naivety.

Soldato
I agree with all that. However, I don't see it as markedly different in principle to Labour on economics and their ponies for everyone manifesto. Both Labour and Conservatives are offering things I'm unconvinced they can deliver.

Though I will concede to you that with the Conservatives it is knowing deception and with Labour it might well be naivety.
You really voting Tory, H4rm0ny? (as per the poll)

Soldato

I'm an optimist and would like to think they can fund it but they have made some pretty hopeful punts on tax revenue to do so. If they get in power they will have to compromise on elements of what they have promised, or will be interesting on what elements they choose to flex.

Man of Honour
Since the Labour manifesto is costed - it balances - why do people think it's pie in the sky?

What's the hole in the figures?

I usually leave that side of it to other people but is it not because the amount they say they can raise from X to pay for Y isn't really realistic despite their arguments for being able to raise X amount via whatever ?

Soldato
I am undecided, I don't want Dianne Abbott to get in power, but on the other hand a minority labour government supported by the SNP would be hilarious.

Even better the smug Tories would be mortified.

I have no idea what would be best for Britain, almost certainly none of the above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom