Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Bold prediction: TM will be Prime Minister on June 9th, the Tories will have their majority. In-fighting and backstabbing will see her outed before 2019 is over.

Permabanned
I had to copy this from a poster on here... 2 or 3 pages back. Made me chuckle

"I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU LIKE FLAMIN HOT MONSTER MUNCH - WHY IS THERE NO MENTION OF MONSTER MUNCH IN YOUR MANIFESTO?"

Paxman was practically saying crap like this

Soldato
What makes you think they will offer a good deal to may.
We all must know by now... any 'deal' put to us will be worse

And at this point in time... a deal cant even be talked about until May gets pushed over on the LEAVING terms first.... she hasnt got a leg to stand on
It is one big negotiation. There is no such thing as breaking it into two by giving one side one thing just for the other side to be heard. We all know this is an attempt to weaken the hand of the other. It doesn't work like that and we already know that Labour and Conservatives won't entertain this upfront deal. We can unlock trade (even more than Singapore, Canada because our laws are aligned), make financial contributions on case by case basis (as other countries do) and not have free movement (like the rest of the world).

The deal need not be worse. We need to look at the bigger picture and see that we can now tap back into our Commonwealth markets easily and expand further. We have easy low hanging fruit with those and Norway, Switzerland etc. as well. We have so many more opportunities and can have deals that focus on benefitting the UK.

Man of Honour
Why would you think Corbyn would roll over? Because he hasn't uttered the words "strong and stable" yet?

Remember, Corbyn has always shown a healthy dose of euroscepticism - that may appeal to remainers and leavers alike.

Corbyn has just insisted while being interviewed by paxman that there will be a deal.

The only way he can say this is if he is willing to roll over.

Man of Honour
Bold prediction: TM will be Prime Minister on June 9th, the Tories will have their majority. In-fighting and backstabbing will see her outed before 2019 is over.

If the latest polls are any indication I wouldn't be surprised to see May gone before the end of 2017, if after this campaign she ends up with roughly the same majority the the knives will be out.

Caporegime
Corbyn has just insisted while being interviewed by paxman that there will be a deal.

indeed, this is pretty basic re: negotiations

people who don't get that perhaps are among the people who don't quite grasp that it isn't a good idea to say unilaterally guarantee rights for EU nationals in the UK without reciprocal rights in place for UK nationals in the EU

Soldato

people who don't get that perhaps are among the people who don't quite grasp that it isn't a good idea to say unilaterally guarantee rights for EU nationals in the UK without reciprocal rights in place for UK nationals in the EU

Corbyn knows he is never going to have to actually negotiate brexit.

Soldato
Nobody's walking away from the negotiations, both sides know this.
That is how the deal should be negotiated. Neither party should need to walk away from it. Good deals are win-win for both. This is how it will be played out. Both sides need to know the other is willing to walk away for this to happen. Without this there is a risk one side will get a bad deal.

Caporegime

Do you genuinely think any of them would actually just walk away and not agree any sort of deal?

Some of them might say it but I don't believe it for a moment.

Permabanned

I think people dont quite grasp that the EU know we need a deal and if we dont then the UK will be out in the ****. May knows we need a deal.... the EU know May needs a deal. All Mrs May is dishing out is empty rhetoric as usual.

Why is it that no politicians want to do any calculations on the negative effects on Brexit if we leave with no deal.

Soldato

There will be a deal either way regardless of May's frothing but the way to achieve a good one is accepting that from the outset and trying to work with the EU. The ridiculous us and them mindset May has fostered can only be bad for us when we hold so few cards here.

Man of Honour
Do you genuinely think any of them would actually just walk away and not agree any sort of deal?

Some of them might say it but I don't believe it for a moment.

Surely it depends on what is on offer.

If the eu sat there and demanded £100bn or more agreed before even starting discussing a trade deal, with no linking of the two, then walking away is better than agreeing, because you have a choice of no trade deal, or probably no trade deal and paying 100bn.

The only thing that controls such stupidity in negotiation is the willingness of parties to walk away.

Caporegime
Surely it depends on what is on offer.

If the eu sat there and demanded £100bn or more agreed before even starting discussing a trade deal, with no linking of the two, then walking away is better than agreeing, because you have a choice of no trade deal, or probably no trade deal and paying 100bn.

The only thing that controls such stupidity in negotiation is the willingness of parties to walk away.
That's not the question I asked.

I don't think May would walk away, regardless of what was on the table. I think her words about doing so are empty nonsense.

Do you believe she would actually leave the negotiations?

Permabanned
I can see it now... No deal happening because Mrs May wants all the benefits minus being a member. The EU will tell her where to go.

May then say 'she has walked away' meanwhile press goes into overload about how nasty the EU is that they didn't give us a better deal than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom