Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ergh... I can see myself staying up all night Thursday night watching this all unravel and feeling like **** on Friday at work - Just the same when Trump was elected :p

So under May public services would continue to be cut to the bone and sold off, the internet will become as regulated and free as in China, and shes going to rip up human rights to hide her own incompetence.

Turkeys, meet Christmas.

I'd rather live in a country where you have a miniscule chance of being killed by a terrorist than a country which throws away its civil liberties and oppresses its own citizens with no evidence it will improve anything.

A society which trades freedom for security will deserve and have neither.

I am liking Corbyn a little more these days but I am throughly disliking his team. Dianne Abbott constantly makes comments that seem like she doesn't even know what time of the day it is, let alone have a modicum of knowledge on any of the subject she could end up governing. It's a scary thought having her as home secretary.

So question - what election coverage will be people be favouring on the night? BBC television, Channel Four (they usually do a semi-humorous one, had David Mitchell for the last one), Twitter? Constantly refreshing the GD forum? ;)

Or who is going to just count to ten when they wake up and open a browser?

So question - what election coverage will be people be favouring on the night? BBC television, Channel Four (they usually do a semi-humorous one, had David Mitchell for the last one), Twitter? Constantly refreshing the GD forum? ;)

FLick through them all, plus what ever non main stream coverage is on the web. I am working from home on Friday so i'll likely pull an all nighter to see the comedy as it unfolds

The European human rights laws are set out by the European Court of Human Rights, which has nothing to do with the EU. When Britain leaves the EU it will still coply with the ECHR. Just don't tell any Brexiters that!

She can leave the ECHR though can't she? She would be mad to do that but you never can tell with her

I am liking Corbyn a little more these days but I am throughly disliking his team. Dianne Abbott constantly makes comments that seem like she doesn't even know what time of the day it is, let alone have a modicum of knowledge on any of the subject she could end up governing. It's a scary thought having her as home secretary.
I think she's been forced to the front as one of the few people that didn't support the vote of no confidence in Corbyn back in the day. She is awful but I hope she'd be replaced pretty swift.

Meanwhile we have Boris, Amber "the hashtags will stop terrorism" Rudd and Jeremey Hunt...

Here for the comedy gold from Scorza, BBC for the results

wasn't may pledging to quit ECHR too ? citation needed though as I can't find anything but thought there was some rumblings about this months / years ago ?

Yeah I'm sure I've seen her state this

armando iannucci and the election night armistice was the greatest election satire in the history of TV.
He nailed the Blair era before it began.

Scrapping human rights laws, just wow. The sad thing is some people will think thats great because "we can deport dem Muslims" without stopping to consider what it actually means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom