Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is extremely pleasing to me, but I somehow doubt it will be as pleasing to you, so deep breath and :

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-terrorism-human-rights_uk_5936ec0be4b0099e7fafd14d

"Theresa May is vowing to tear up human rights laws that stand in the way of her fight against terrorism.

In a speech this evening, the Prime Minister called for greater powers to restrict the movement of terror suspects - even if authorities are unable to convince a judge the measure is needed.

May also called for longer prison sentences for people convicted of terrorist offences and promised to make it easier to deport foreign terrorists back to their home countries.

It has been suggested the Tory leader may need to pull out of aspects of the European Convention on Human Rights to push through the changes."

No I saw her speech and read that before I posted. My question is, I don't think she can pick and choose on which bits she wants to keep so its all in or all out.

Plus we have laws that could have arrested and kept these scum from doing the attack and one was on a eu watch list and even announced he was a terrorist when he arrived here yet we never used any of our laws against him.

What's the point of new laws if we don't use existing laws? Deflection tactics as she knows she is to blame,

The Sun keeping it grounded in reality:

For the Sun, which today carries an interview with the PM on her proposed crackdown, that’s not going far enough. If Google, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter fail “to eradicate the jihadist filth they publish to the world”, the newspaper says:

Mrs May should consider the nuclear option: ordering our internet service providers to shut down these vast sites until they are purged."

Well. That's that sorted then. The frenzy of bile that's being spouted is off the charts.

I have to say I am struggling to feel an allegiance to any party right now.

One thing's for sure, Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott scare the life out of me, so I'll be voting conservative.
So the internet crackdown, removal of human rights and gutting of all public services including the police don't worry you at all?

The fact is that over the last 40 years we abandoned democratic principles and engaged on this fool's errand of multiculturalism without seeking approval from the British people, which means we can't now have luxuries like liberalism and privacy. We've been so dumb and we're paying the price. There's only one country in the world where multiculturalism has been a success and that is Singapore, where they are very authoritarian and their founder and late leader, a very smart man called Lee Kuan Yew freely admitted that he had to rule with an iron fist to ensure the various different ethnicity over there stay focused on the common good and not their common differences. We must do the same now.

Theresa May is correct in what she said, we can't let human rights legislation devised in another time before multiculturalism, before the great global jihad commenced in 2001, hinder us in the fight to stop losers and maniacs slaughtering our kids in the street - what about their human rights? The right to life is the most precious of these human rights and must be protected at all costs. We're at war folks, and the only thing that matters is winning - let the historians argue about the rights and wrongs after the war is over and we have won.

The fact is that over the last 40 years we abandoned democratic principles and engaged on this fool's errand of multiculturalism without seeking approval from the British people, which means we can't now have luxuries like liberalism and privacy. We've been so dumb and we're paying the price. There's only one country in the world where multiculturalism has been a success and that is Singapore, where they are very authoritarian and their founder and late leader, a very smart man called Lee Kuan Yew freely admitted that he had to rule with an iron fist to ensure the various different ethnicity over there stay focused on the common good and not their common differences. We must do the same now.

Theresa May is correct in what she said, we can't let human rights legislation devised in another time before multiculturalism, before the great global jihad commenced in 2001, hinder us in the fight to stop losers and maniacs slaughtering our kids in the street - what about their human rights? The right to life is the most precious of these human rights and must be protected at all costs. We're at war folks, and the only thing that matters is winning - let the historians argue about the rights and wrongs after the war is over and we have won.

This push to Authoritarianism from the Likes of May/Scorza is as related to current Terrorism as Austerity (dismantling state support piece by piece) is to the economy!

One phrase Authoritarian Radical Nationalism aka Fascism.

One word Ideological.

This push to Authoritarianism from the Likes of May/Scorza is as related to current Terrorism as Austerity (dismantling state support piece by piece) is to the economy!

One phrase Authoritarian Radical Nationalism aka Fascism.

One word Ideological.
Oh look there's the 'f' word again - anyone who disagrees with me is a fascist. Is Singapore fascist? I've never been tbh, from what I've heard though from people who have been, the only real charge you can level at it is that it's a bit boring. Well compared to what's been going on in Manchester and London these past few weeks I'll take boring any day of the week.

Holy crap. Cut out the middle men, why not move to Syria if you wanna live like that?

We're at war folks, and the only thing that matters is winning - let the historians argue about the rights and wrongs after the war is over and we have won.

Wrong.

Winning "at any cost" is changing our liberties, laws and lives due to a few nutters.

In my opinion, the terrorists have won if we do that. Particularly as one of their aims is to divide us as a nation.

People like you, who are willing to give up everything our families who fought for in the War, make me more afraid for this country than any future terrorist attack

Hahahahahahahaha you're more terrifying than Diane Abbott and thats saying something. If I thought you were serious I would report you :p

Oh look there's the 'f' word again - anyone who disagrees with me is a fascist. Is Singapore fascist? I've never been tbh, from what I've heard though from people who have been, the only real charge you can level at it is that it's a bit boring. Well compared to what's been going on in Manchester and London these past few weeks I'll take boring any day of the week.

I simply posted the definition of the word.

The problem is with May's ideology is that it is wholly focused on anti terror.

It is doing nothing to deal with localised crime, violence, gang activities etc. In fact it does the reverse.

It doesn't though. Nothing in the Human Rights stopped us refusing entry to a terrorist on the EU watch list who carried out last weekend's attrocity. This is just dodging the issue. She dropped the ball and the blame firmly lays with May and she needs to go out of politics all together never mind lead the country.

Tell me one thing that May has proposed which would have stopped last weekends events? It wouldnt have. But it makes weak minded people like you feel a little bit safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom