Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Well its just been said some people wont be able to afford the fees with VAT so will pull their kids out. Supply and demand. If a private school fee is so high they cant get enough kids each year they have no choice but to reduce their fees surely?

Whats better? 100 children paying £30k per annum or 70 children paying £36k Gross per annum when you are charging VAT?

A lot of the better private schools have entrance exams (which parents also have to pay for) to pick the most capable children. They turn away more people than they take as pupils. They have waiting lists. There is no point in them reducing their fees if there is a waiting list.

Caporegime
Anyone earning over £80k will potentially pay a LOT more. The average earner at my current company will be paying an extra £6k a year or so in income tax. That's huge.

It feels like the higher earners are being punished.

The average earner where you are makes 150K per year?

Is that not enough to live on and contribute back to society? Do you work so much harder than a nurse?

Soldato
lots of the people complaining about May used to be tory voters until this year and i don't think anyone is saying it'll be rosie under labour just that it's a dman site more appealing that TM at the helm on a power grab frenzy.

That encapsulates me. I was Tory but I see what they doing and whilst I have some concerns of how labour will do things and finance things I would prefer an idealist government moving us in a socially cohesive direction then what the Torys have morphed into which full loathing of anyone non rich. It actually scares me even as a Tory voters of 15+ years.

Last edited:
Soldato
The average earner where you are makes 150K per year?

Is that not enough to live on and contribute back to society? Do you work so much harder than a nurse?

Correct.

I'm not sure why we're comparing this to a nurses wage? Everyone already contributes back to society, considerably more in ££ terms for higher earners than lots of others.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Correct.

I'm not sure why we're comparing this to a nurses wage? Everyone already contributes back to society, considerably more in ££ terms for higher earners than lots of others.

My heart bleeds

Permabanned
Voting Labour could cost my family about £300 a month in extra tax. Worth it to not have the tories.

Though I prefer the lib bdem proposal to increase it for everyone by 1p. Don't feel only high earners should foot bill.

Permabanned
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...pointing-finger-at-saudi-arabia-35790689.html

The leaders of the Labour party and the Liberal Democrats have urged Prime Minister Theresa May to allow the publication of a ‘sensitive’ government report into terror funding in the UK which allegedly focuses on the role of Saudi Arabia.

Calls for the release of the Home Office inquiry into the sources of jihadist propaganda materials and funding are growing more vocal after Saturday’s terror attack in London Bridge, in which seven people were killed.

Isis, which espouses an extremist version of the puritanical Sunni Wahabism practised in Saudi Arabia, claimed responsibility for the incident, the third terror attack on British soil in less than three months.

Speaking in Carlisle on Sunday evening, Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn said that the UK needs to “have some difficult conversations, starting with Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states that have funded and fuelled extremist ideology.

“It is no good Theresa May suppressing a report into the foreign funding of extremist groups. We have to get serious about cutting off the funding to these terror networks, including Isis here and in the Middle East.”

Soldato
My heart bleeds
What's your argument here? Higher earners already contribute more ££, that's how percentages work. It seems that a lot of Labour voters just want higher earners to be taxed more for no particular reason. Even if it was proved that such taxation wouldn't bring in more revenue for the country, they'd still vote for it.

Soldato
A lot of people do seem to think that labour will enact all of their policies and everything will be better. Schools, NHS etc will magically be absolved of all the core issues that money can't solve.

52% believed Boris and Nige last year that they can fix it. Little did they know that they both would run away from any responsibility. Didn't quite work for Boris as he was given a role he couldn't really reject.

Soldato
What's your argument here? Higher earners already contribute more ££, that's how percentages work. It seems that a lot of Labour voters just want higher earners to be taxed more for no particular reason. Even if it was proved that such taxation wouldn't bring in more revenue for the country, they'd still vote for it.
Jealous of people with more money than them in a lot of cases I suspect

jkb

jkb

Associate
That encapsulates me. I was Tory but I see what they doing and whilst I have some concerns of how labour will do things and finance things I would prefer an idealist government moving us in a socially cohesive direction then what the Torys have morphed into which full loathing of anyone non rich. It actually scares me even as a Tory voters of 15+ years.
You summed my feelings up perfectly, I could never vote for May and the current Tory party, this will be the first time in my life I have voted for anyone else

Caporegime
Anyone earning over £80k will potentially pay a LOT more. The average earner at my current company will be paying an extra £6k a year or so in income tax. That's huge.

It feels like the higher earners are being punished.

So where you work the average earner are all in the top 1% of the country? Wow. Lucky you. No wonder you have the views you have as the Tories will always look after you.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

My argument is that I doubt you're going to get the sympathy you're seeking.

Man of Honour
Voting Labour could cost my family about £300 a month in extra tax. Worth it to not have the tories.

Though I prefer the lib bdem proposal to increase it for everyone by 1p. Don't feel only high earners should foot bill.
it should just be like £25k tax free allowance, then 50% tax or what ever percentage is needed, and less tax loops so more things are counted as income.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom