Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to our political system, it wouldn't make a huge difference. For example, if everyone under 25 voted Labour would gain maybe a dozen seats. That's it, for the demographic least likely to vote and most likely to support Labour.

If everyone under twenty-five voted then in all probability the Conservatives would not have had a majority government at the last election. According to current YouGov polling there could be less than the dozen seats you mention in it.

If you care about your party winning, whichever it is, you should get out there and vote.

20k real that low? I mean isn't the average like 24k? So yea below average. But low? I'm not sure.

Low compared to 150k yes.

29k is median average so yes, £20k is low. Doesn't minimum wage with a full time job get you more than £16k now. According to the IFS if you aren't earning more than 60% of the average wage you are below the poverty line in the Uk now.

I am very very suprised that the majority of our media has come out and warned not to vote labour today ......... /s
but the real question is...

There no need to 'smear' JC his 'record' speaks for itself...

The real question is should you vote for Labour under his leadership because 1) He and his allies in the Labour party have made some nice noises recently and 2) in the past few months Labour have some how managed to look slightly less incompetent on the whole then the Tories under May.................

When Corbyn track political record up until recently was firmly on the fringe hard left.............

Bad for defence and security

A man who shared platforms with convicted terrorists in 'solidarity' wants to get rid of Nato and our nuclear weapons systems. Who singles out the Army as the only part of Government spending to be cut (more than the Tories have ever cut defence spending) and calls Hamas and Hezbollah his 'friends'

With a background of being anti police, and who appointment John McDonnel to be the second most important man in his cabinet... a man who wanted to disband MI5, and 'special police squad' and get this 'DISARM' the police!! - imagine how London Bridge would have played out if this lunatic had been in charge -never mind the chaos that would ensue anytime police were called to an incident were criminals were armed!

McDonnell who is also a man who gave a speech on a stage decked out with the Flags of Syria and the Communist Hammer and Sickle (a symbol representing millions of deaths, oppression and totalitarianism which should right be viewed in the light as the Nazi Swastika)

Bad for the economy

His selected shadow Chancellor (McDonnell) is a self confessed Marxist who want to do away with greed and profit but who wont admit it when pressed in public because he knows what the voting public would think.....

Bad for brexit

A man who clearly doesn't know anything about game theory and who would leave us at the mercy of any outrageous EU demands by giving into there demands before we have even started formal negotiations.....

I could go on all night.......

I despise the Tories but at least you know what your getting...... Labour under Corbyn..... a wolf in sheep's clothing..... Know what your voting for and remember nothings 'free' it all has to be costed and paid for somehow (and by someone)... High taxes on the 'rich' just lead to capital flight with the remaining populace impoverished as a result

Last edited:
If Westminster constituted the only seat, then yes.

DBu7rqsW0AIn-eF.jpg:large

;)

PS. That isn't for the Westminster seat ...

CON: 43% (-)
LAB: 38% (+5) L
DEM: 7% (-4)
UKIP: 4% (-)
GRN: 2% (-1)
(via @TNS_UK / 01 - 07 Jun) Chgs w 30 May

CON: 44% (-)
LAB: 36% (-)
LDEM: 7% (-)
UKIP: 5% (-)
(via @PanelbaseMD / 02 - 07 Jun)

On who would make the best Prime Minister:
T. May: 48% J. Corbyn: 39% (via @ComRes)

CON: 44% (-3)
LAB: 34% (-1)
LDEM: 9% (+1)
UKIP: 5% (+1)
GRN: 2% (+1)
(via @ComRes / 05 - 07 Jun)

CON: 46% (+1)
LAB: 34% (-)
LDEM: 7% (-1)
UKIP: 5% (-)
(via @ICMResearch / 06 - 07 Jun)

Our Nowcast for this morning:
Con: 353 (+23)
Lab: 219 (-13
SNP: 46 (-10)
LDem: 9 (+1)
http://britainelects.com/nowcast/

Last edited:
Anyone staying up tomorrow night? I've got Friday off and a fridge full of beer, Domino's pizza on speed-dial!
Didn't plan a day off after Brexit or the US Election and ended up staying up all night anyway!

Yep, have Friday off work. Will be treating myself to a takeaway. Few beers and snacks to keep me going throughout the night. You can't beat election night. :)

Yes, I've booked the day off on Friday so I can watch some of the results come in :)

DBu7rqsW0AIn-eF.jpg:large

;)

PS. That isn't for the Westminster seat ...

Whilst the probability is that the methodology of pollsters is correct and a Tory majority is more likely.

However not all can agree on the rate to discount some demographics voting intentions as not converting to actual votes. After brexit and during the negotiations and other headlines the correct formula is difficult IMHO.

Whilst the probability is that the methodology of pollsters is correct and a Tory majority is more likely.

However not all can agree on the rate to discount some demographics voting intentions as not converting to actual votes. After brexit and during the negotiations and other headlines the correct formula is difficult IMHO.

It's true, you never really know in truth. The only poll that matters is the one we have tomorrow.

I reckon if people actually looked more closely at policies then the Lib Dems would be much more popular - sadly a certain % of the population is always going to vote Red or Blue and just treat it like supporting football teams.

Anyone staying up tomorrow night? I've got Friday off and a fridge full of beer, Domino's pizza on speed-dial!
Didn't plan a day off after Brexit or the US Election and ended up staying up all night anyway!

Working on Friday - But I'm sure I will stay up to watch it. If it becomes more of a sure thing during the night, I might switch off :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom