Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honestly, is anyone here actually voting FOR a party rather than just against another?

Would be interesting to see just what % are tactical votes.

In all honestly, is anyone here actually voting FOR a party rather than just against another?

Normally I would.

But this year? Nope. It's a Labour tactical vote largely for the lulz.

The Tory Party under Theresa May just breaks too many red lines for me. And Tim Farron has walked the Lib Dems off a cliff with his Brexit gamble. It's Labour, or just don't bother voting.

The Greens really aren't a serious party. They're for people who are disconnected from reality, or simply haven't thought their ideas through yet.

UKIP... UKIP.

Labour have a very positive message and have run a campaign that reflects that, I plan to reward that. Not that it makes a difference in a relatively safe seat.

Labour have a very positive message and have run a campaign that reflects that, I plan to reward that. Not that it makes a difference in a relatively safe seat.

That's largely why they've got my vote too.

Their policies are... erm... I hope for a supply and confidence deal, let's put it that way. Trim the fat a bit and it's all good, but as it is it's a little excessive.

There isn't a single party that I could vote for normally it would be spoilt ballot at best but I would vote tactically against a party if my vote actually would make any difference this time around as I believe some of the options would take the country in a very worrying direction. I was contemplating voting Lib Dem in the vague hope there would be enough of a resurgence to by a miracle oust the Tory candidate here but they've been such a shambles I don't like to reward that either.

So all the parties are rubbish, if you ignore the 'figures', which are simply pulled out of thin air and used to make it sound like they're authoritative, and look at the general messages.. then I think the green party is as close to the statements as all the others..

I find May abhorrent and the conservatives too destructive.
I find the LibDems just have no credibility.
I find that Corbyn has some straight talking quedos but I find the manifesto as destructive as conservatives.
Reading the other manifestos the only other that fits the bits I want is the Green party.. note on the points on the manifesto rather than delivery..

Because the red and blue party are rubbish IMO.

Lib dem gets my vote. they are least rubbish.

Lets me fair, all the parties are a load of rubbish, just vote for the least rubbish party to you

Whilst I agree in principle it's a case of the lesser evil, one of them is going to win so may as well be the better of the two.

Still a vote for the Tories though. Voting for UKIP, Green or Lib Dems is a vote for the Conservative Party whatever way you spin it.

Why is that?

I mean where I live the Tories are the least likely of the three to get in - it is between Lib Dem and Labour. Labour will probably win but if there was a significant swing to the Lib Dems then it doesn't let the tories win it just means the Lib Dems might win. Long ago the tories have won and I guess it is possible for them to again but that would require substantial numbers of people to switch from one of the other two parties, voting Lib Dem instead of Labour doesn't help them.

Still a vote for the Tories though. Voting for UKIP, Green or Lib Dems is a vote for the Conservative Party whatever way you spin it.

Except in those constituencies where the Lib Dems can actually challenge the Conservatives. If Labour has no chance of winning the seat but it goes to the Lib Dems, it's still one less seat for the Conservatives, isn't it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39869459

polls are rubbish, look at the spread across the different pollsters then look at the wild swings from May 2017 to June. Survation still haven't posted their latest poll so will be interesting to see where they are pegging it as the consensus in here seems to be that they are normally there or there abouts.

ICM have a 10 point gap, survation 2 points, they can't both be right so even if you split the differnce thats only a 4 to 5 point lead, which then is really a massive collapse for Tory having been 18 ahead going in. SO what is really going on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom