Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Having kids not hungry at school improves outcomes, let me know if anything else needs explaining.

If we can't get some sort of consensus on "people shouldn't have to go without food in an economy like ours" then there's not really much point discussing anything more nuanced.

Soldato
And herein lies the main issue with conservatives. We pay for other children's food because because we have empathy, we pay for it because it betters humanity. Do you really want the cut off point being paying a couple % less tax so that you don't have to subsidize food for children?

No it doesn't, it makes people lazy.

Having kids not hungry at school improves outcomes, let me know if anything else needs explaining.

I agree, but how hard is it to stick a few pieces of bread together with some ham and mustard.

Caporegime
We pay for children so they can pay for us, because if they think the country owes them nothing, then they by virtue owe the nation nothing.

Soldato
The Tories are 1/20 to win and Corbyn's bulk of popularity seems to come from Labour party members who are quite young. He's preaching to the converted with those people, outwith those rallies even his own MPs defy him and seem to find him a hindrance.
And yet, he's now within 10 points of May, with one poll putting him within 5 points.Do you think May would have called an election if she knew it was going to be like this?
And yes, I still think she will win, but a lot of people seem to have woken up to the fact that Corbyn is nowhere near as bad as the press and Tory party like to portray him.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I agree, but how hard is it to stick a few pieces of bread together with some ham and mustard.

Glad we're agreed that it's not difficult for the schools to do and be funded for.

Saying that parents shouldn't be sending their kids to school hungry is an argument, it's even a correct one, but repeating it is not actually solving anything. In lieu of an easy way to get to the root cause I am happy with treating the symptom.

Caporegime
We had Angela Rayner claiming the, so called liberal left mantra, that the Conservatives are going to destroy or sell the NHS. Now correct me if Im wrong but the NHS was created in 1948. The Conservatives have been in power for most of the intervening period including a 17 year stretch that saw big majorities and strong ideologies. Are the current Government and have been in power for 7 years. What are they waiting for they're killing me with this teasing.

Because you have to do it slowly by the back door or the peasants revolt. Since 2010 the percentage of the NHS privatised ahs risen from 6% to 12%. You keep chipping away, 5% here and there until there is more privatised than not and people are used to it.

Caporegime
I disagree, it just panders to worse behaviour.

You can disagree if you want but doing nothing and repeating that it's the fault of the parents still isn't going to get kids fed, people can't cash in public shaming and turn it into a useful currency. It's very easy to come up with some utopian ideal with zero idea of how to get there, and shoot everything else down as sub-optimal.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
So children should suffer because their parents are disabled, suffer from mental illness, addiction, die... so you can pay a little less tax?

Wouldn't those children still be entitled to Free School Meals? The Conservative policy isn't getting rid of them just the ones that all infants get regardless of their parents ability to pay.

Man of Honour
Because you have to do it slowly by the back door or the peasants revolt. Since 2010 the percentage of the NHS privatised ahs risen from 6% to 12%. You keep chipping away, 5% here and there until there is more privatised than not and people are used to it.
Who was in power when the privatisation began?

Soldato

There's a case to be had for certain privatisation though, for example, minor surgery recovery, people recovering from a broken wrist shouldn't be taking up a bed which could be better served to someone with cancer.

As soon as someone mentions privatisation though, people go barmy..

Soldato
No he hasn't. Provide the full quote to back you up if you think otherwise.

“I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA.”

~ Jeremy Corbyn, interview with Sophie Ridge for Sky, 21st May 2017

You can disagree with his wording but you can't deny that he's condemned the IRA for their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom