Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended
Oh for goodness sakes, don't go introducing facts into the middle of a "won't someone please think of the starving children, only Jeremy can save our babies" drama... ;):D

So if i've read it correctly the tory policy it would mean ALL children get a free breakfast and those from low income families also (continue) get a free lunch. Presumably this would also provide 30mins or an hour of additional free child care for working parents in the mornings.

Given that I must be missing why all the wailing and gnashing of teeth... Have I missed something or is this another one of those labour throw away lines which looks good for a bit of drama and hand wringing as long as you don't bother to look at the actual suggestion?

The conservatives have budgeted 7p per child and not included the cost of dinner ladies.

Soldato
Sorry did I miss the question Boris answered?
No idea, like I say after the Labour spin doctor set the tone in the first few seconds with repeatedly refusing to answer a straight question with a straight answer preferring instead to trot out his script of patronising waffle I got bored and gave up watching.

Soldato
I got bored after yet more of the slimey Labour spin doctor refusing to answer a yet another straight question

Exactly - how many yes / no questions did that slimy whiny Labour drip refuse to answer lol.

No wonder Boris got frustrated having to deal with that.

Soldato
How come there's been such a massive swing on this, the most Tory or forums?

Some people are embarrassed about their search history becoming public, some are worried about having to look after their elderly relatives rather than rely on the state to do it and some believe the fantasy lottery win we will all share in...

Associate
And yet, he's now within 10 points of May, with one poll putting him within 5 points.Do you think May would have called an election if she knew it was going to be like this?
And yes, I still think she will win, but a lot of people seem to have woken up to the fact that Corbyn is nowhere near as bad as the press and Tory party like to portray him.

Listen to his interview today, whatever 'win' he supposedly had last night has been eroded with that car crash interview that was so bad it was headlining on the BBC 6 o'clock news. The SNP will rout Labour in Scotland again and the UKIP masses will gravitate back towards the Tories. I'm struggling to understand who it is Corbyn, Abbott and McDonnell are supposed to appeal to? People who don't remember or don't know about the 1970s I'm thinking.

Soldato
How about if the only "deal" Comet (or Currys) would give you was double the price of other options, or, he'd give you 10% off but the TV only came with 1 week warranty as opposed to 5 years so you decide on other options/stick with the TV you have - would that then mean "no deal is better than a bad deal"?
No because it's an impossible fictional scenario, just like a Brexit deal that could possibly be worse than no deal.

Caporegime
Exactly - how many yes / no questions did that slimy whiny Labour drip refuse to answer lol.

No wonder Boris got frustrated having to deal with that.

SO its alright for Boris to just make stuff up then instead? Both of them behaved like kids and both needed taking over my knee and spanked IMO

Soldato
yMK0Obf.png

Debt/Defecit, whatever you want to call it has been MASSIVELY increased by the Tory party. Strong and Stable? I think not. And this is while cutting services left, right and centre!

I know it was a few pages back, but my god the misunderstanding.

You say debt has increased MASSIVELY by tories i.e. 2010 to end. Looks to me like 85% in 2015 compared to 71% in 2010. 85/71 = 19.7%, so over 5 years that's just under 4% per year as a function of GDP.

Now lets look at the previous 3 years over Labour govt: 71% in 2010 compared to 37% in 2007. So that's 71/37 = 91.9%, which over 3 years is over 30% PER YEAR.

That will be done by HUGELY increasing the DEFICIT, which is what was inherited by the conservatives in 2010. In order to have that debt graph to anything but keep ballooning from 2010 onwards, the conservatives (rightly) started to peg back the deficit as fast as was practicable. I think this has largely been accepted as definitely the right thing to do, and although they haven't been quite as successful in reducing debt as they aimed, the alternative (less austerity) is just laughable.

And yet still we have people trying to claim that the Conservatives have somehow mismanaged the country's finances. Facepalm in the extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom