Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ironically all the headlines of a Labour resurgence could be counter productive and bring out Conservative voters who might not have bothered voting previously thinking it was a done deal.

Caporegime
Ironically all the headlines of a Labour resurgence could be counter productive and bring out Conservative voters who might not have bothered voting previously thinking it was a done deal.

Well yeah, but the polls arent really showing it too much, it doesnt matter anyway, votes and seats are difficult to calculate... we'll see on the day and not one second sooner.

Permabanned
So do we think there a tangible mood shift among the voting public? I am beginning to sense it but am not sure it will be reflected in the election.
Where I am, yes.

Our incumbent Tory MP has managed to gran the attention of local people for all the wrong reasons, this election has come at a good time for us.

Soldato
Just cast my vote and, yikes, that is a swing compared to the earlier poll.

Will be interesting if the real GE reflects even half of that, very real chance it could go to a hung parliament.

Caporegime
This should help swing the polls back the right way - no wonder that slimy labour toad wouldnt answer whether they would cut immigration lol...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...orbyns-leaked-plan-allow-thousands-unskilled/

The Tories have set targets which have been comprehensively missed for several years anyway. A target and a limit won't work. And if you believe those that hire seasonal workers, thousands of British people won't do them. They seem adverse to manual labour jobs, thinking them beneath them.

Soldato

Will be interesting if the real GE reflects even half of that, very real chance it could go to a hung parliament.
This poll or actual vote (I.e. postal)?

The official polls are still showing Conservatives will dominate this election. Betting odds are also suggesting this.

Caporegime
The Tories have set targets which have been comprehensively missed for several years anyway. A target and a limit won't work. And if you believe those that hire seasonal workers, thousands of British people won't do them. They seem adverse to manual labour jobs, thinking them beneath them.
I don't believe Brits are averse to doing those jobs, if the wages were realistic. Heck, I see Brits doing hard, low-paying jobs all over the place down here in Cornwall. We have lot of those jobs down here.

I do believe that firms know they can treat immigrant workers in a way that Brits would baulk at... refusing them their rights, forcing them work in unsafe environments, forced unpaid overtime... I know a few firms round here that have a reputation for being appalling employers - really, really abusive. The churn in these places is phenomenal. But they know there are always desperate people here to replace the outgoing staff.

The trend as I see it is that Brits are accustomed to safe working conditions, are asking for realistic wages relative to the area they live in. Immigrants are happier it seems to live five to small bedroom - we see now in certain parts of the country unscrupulous landlords putting 10+ tenants in a 3 bedroom house...

Yes I think there are situations that Brits won't accept. I don't think it's down to "aversion to hard work", but a combination of factors. We aren't used to working in unsafe workplaces for pennies; eastern Europeans probably are.

Caporegime
@MissChief again.

Take the example of European truckers, as highlighted recently in the news. The hauliers are expecting these people to live in their cabs now. They are setting up companies in the lowest-paying European countries and paying these truckers those rates of pay, which are less than UK NMW.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39196056

In short, this is exploitation. And yet desperate eastern Europeans *will* take these jobs. A Brit would not. Not because he thinks the work is beneath him, but because he doesn't care to be treated in this way.

Man of Honour

People waking upto the realities of the Tories maybe but only as far as a knee jerk reaction to jump to the next alternative sadly rather than really think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom