Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That might be because the majority of his supporters haven't experienced the last 30 years as adults.

The demographics for the last Labour
leader election showed that it was the older members who voted for Corbyn. If only those under-30 had been elidgable to vote, he would have lost.

Soldato
The demographics for the last Labour
leader election showed that it was the older members who voted for Corbyn. If only those under-30 had been elidgable to vote, he would have lost.

This election is about the nation though, not Labour members. Corbyn has a substantial lead in the 18-24 demographic who, coincidentally, are the least likely to vote.

Getting them into a polling booth or ticking a box on a form and posting it could be key for Labour.

Caporegime
Can you not get past that she has to keep cards close her chest though?
It's not a card game, so no. Downplaying the scale of the task ahead to the point of almost being complacent about it will stop having any positive impact once the election is over.

An awful lot of people will be angry at the end of it.

Soldato
I wish the Lib Dems would get their act together, we need a good centrist party. Tories are being punished for trying to take advantage of a weak opposition and have been caught out by Labour promising the moon on a stick.

As good as those promises sound I can't see how they can afford it and some like scraping tuition fees are just silly, I'd only support that if it was just for key subjects that have a skills shortfall in this country (and had to be paid back if they then go work abroad).

Reduce sure, limit interest on repayments go for it but at least having to pay makes students think about if the course they want to do is worthwhile.

I actually like Corbyn and think he would be quite refreshing as PM but his cabinet is just awful and I can see it all falling apart if they did win quite soon after the election. Still it looks like they'll get strong numbers to be an effective opposition, god forbid having to rely on the SNP they are as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to matters outside of Scotland.

Man of Honour
I wish the Lib Dems would get their act together, we need a good centrist party. Tories are being punished for trying to take advantage of a weak opposition and have been caught out by Labour promising the moon on a stick.

As good as those promises sound I can't see how they can afford it and some like scraping tuition fees are just silly, I'd only support that if it was just for key subjects that have a skills shortfall in this country (and had to be paid back if they then go work abroad).

Reduce sure, limit interest on repayments go for it but at least having to pay makes students think about if the course they want to do is worthwhile.

I actually like Corbyn and think he would be quite refreshing as PM but his cabinet is just awful and I can see it all falling apart if they did win quite soon after the election. Still it looks like they'll get strong numbers to be an effective opposition, god forbid having to rely on the SNP they are as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to matters outside of Scotland.

Lib Dem turning to shambles was shocking - the 3 nearest prospective parliamentary candidates when the election was called essentially went "wait! what! I have to do real politics? that is just too much effort" and quit.

Yeah even if for sake of argument we said Corbyn was being unfairly portrayed by right wing media even one look at those immediately behind/cabinet him let alone those behind the party should have people much more concerned than they seem to be :|

Man of Honour
I think that's a bit unfair because the Tory cabinet is a complete waste of space as well.

Unfair in what way? isn't like the fact that the Tory cabinet has its own flaws makes the Labour ones any less so.

(I voted Lib Dem in the poll - not because I support them as they've turned into something of shambles but some kind of desperate coalition seems the only way not to get one extreme or another out of this election).

Caporegime
It might just be how it reads but the implication seems to be that picking a new set of terrible cabinet MPs is somehow worse than re-selecting the ones we had a month ago. A cabinet with Boris Johnson, Liam Fox, Liz Truss and David Davis in is pretty barrel-scrapingly poor as it is.

Soldato
I'll be mightily satisfied if at the end of this, it turns out that May has made a massive miscalculation and has limited room for manoeuvre.

Totally agree with the previous poster who said that people are seeing through her. Good on those who aren't allowing a single issue to dominate. It's clear that the Tories want to push through some particularly insidious policies alongside Brexit while they think no one is looking.

We also need a healthy (strong and stable?) opposition numbers wise, no matter how pants they are.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It would be hilarious of she lost seats and Labour gained them. A huge miscalculation and no doubt if that happened the knives would be out from behind her and she likely wouldn't last until the end of the year. Then all it would take is a concerted effort on behalf of Labour and the Lib Dems/SNP/Plaid Cymru to block anything and everything the Tories propose that they don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom