Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This is one of the worst GE for me. I just don't know who to vote for. On the one hand I want to vote labour, mostly because I have become very distrusting of the current government, whilst the people in charge of the Labour party terrify me.
So I look at the Lib Dems but I do not want to remain in Europe.
Pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Suspended
If the polls are true it's a worry in my opinion. How can people swing left so easily? Have they no idea what is ahead with the Brexit negotiations? Strong and stable might seem like a laugh but that is what we need until we get a picture of what this country will look like outside of the EU.

Now is not the time for spite or experimentation.

Because I don't believe that May would be strong and stable in negotiations.

Her actions speak louder than her soundbite words.

Caporegime
well they won't be liable to pay it... though landlords could simply increase their rent

I do wonder how it affects leaseholders vs freeholders

AFAIK the owner pays it not the leaseholder whereas the freeholders would pay it.

I would imagine that would increase lease charges.

Caporegime
Labour have only mentioned the LVT as one possible option to reform current council tax.

I know which is why I amazed so many people going on about it esp Boris with his £4500 garden tax,

There are enough stuff in both manifestos to talk about rather than going into what ifs.

Its like all the fuss over Visas for unskilled workers. That was part of a whole advisory document, none of which made it into the manifesto.

Notice the Telegraph and other scummy press never mentioned the other option in the document which was to introduce a Green card points based system for immigration? I would have thought kippers would have loved that option.

This is EXACTLY why they lost my vote. Says one thing, does another. Problem is too many of the Brexit mindset apply about 2 seconds of critical thinking then lose attention and thats it.
A twitter message than spans more than one tweet is going into too much detail ;)

Anyway hot news, apparently Trump typed the strong and stable, was supposed to read "Pong and fable"

Soldato
I know which is why I amazed so many people going on about it esp Boris with his £4500 garden tax

I imagine Boris will be paying somewhat more than £4500, that's probably why he's upset about it. So upset he could barely string to words together the other day on Sky. I thought he might cry.

Soldato

I think it was a tory mistake making such a deal of May. When it comes to brexit what is needed is a"strong and stable" government, not individual. With a strong government in place with the majority of the UK voters backing them the profession negotiators are in a good place to do the actual negotiations. May would never actual do any negotiations herself, it's all pre agreed and negotiated long and hard by professional diplomats and civil servants - the leaders just do the sound bites and bargaining of a few headline at the end.

What is needed though is a strong vision for what is to be achieved by brexit for the professionals to then negotiate on. This is where I think think Labour or a weak coalition will spell disaster as it will be impossible for the diplomats to negotiate a good deal when they have a weak uncertain hand to play constantly getting undermined by UK parties wanting to promote their own interests rather than the big picture.

That above all is why i think like it or not we need a strong Tory government this time out to calm finance and big business, retain investment into the Uk, enable our professional negotiators to feel confident they have a firm backing to go get a good deal (no one ever got a good deal starting from a point of weakness and confusion). I just don't think practically any other party can offer that this time.

If the Tories screw up they get punished hard next time out (as I said before) when Labour stepped in for 13 years. Too much is at stake now for a weak government and dicking around trying to appeal to everyone, if we screw this up now we and our children will have to live with the consequences for decades and nothing i've seen from Labour supported by the SNP, Greens and Lib Dems in an alliance of convenience gives me confidence that would get the UK a good brexit result and decent trade deals globally encouraging big business and finance to continue to invest in the UK. Indeed talk of nationalising everything he can lay his hands on could just ensure companies look at brexit and the danger of a left wing government/nationalisation and decide to take the offers being made by france and germany to re locate lock stock and barrel.

There's a much bigger picture for the next few years than if you don't like an individual person.

Soldato
Looks like Corbyn has decided to take part in tonights debate, could be a masterstroke, could be a disaster...

even with the gap closing, its still him that will need to work for a win, I think its a good choice at the moment as it hammers the point that May is scared to debate
there is only a week left, he should take every chance to get the message out

Permabanned
I think it was a tory mistake making such a deal of May. When it comes to brexit what is needed is a"strong and stable" government, not individual. With a storng government in place with the majority of the UK voters backing them the profession negotiators are in a good place to do the actual negotiations. May would never actual do any negotiations herself, it's all pre agreed and negotiated long and hard by professional diplomats and civil servants - the leaders jst do the sound bites and bargaining.

What is needed though is a strong vision for what is to be achieved by brexit for the professionals to then negotiate on. This is where I think think Labour or a weak coalition will spell disaster as it will be impossible for the diplomats to negotiate a good deal when they have a weak uncertain hand to play constantly getting undermined by UK parties wanting to promote their own interests rathe than the big picture.

That above all is why i think like it or not we need a strong Tory government this time out to calm finance and big business, retain investment into the Uk, enable our professional negotiators to feel confident they have a firm backing to go get a good deal (no one every got a good deal starting from a point of weakness and confusion). I just don't think practically any other party can offer that this time.

If the Tories screw up they get punished hard next time out (as I said before) when Labour stepped in for 13 years. Too much is at stake now for a weak government and dicking around trying to appeal to everyone, if we screw this up now we and our children will have to live with the consequences for decades and nothing i've seen from Labour supported by the SNP, Greens and Lib Dems in an alliance of convenience gives me confidence that would get the UK a good brexit result and decent trade deals globally encouraging big business and finance to continue to invest in the UK. Indeed talk of nationalising everything he can lay his hands on could just ensure companies look at brexit and the danger of a left wing government/nationalisation and decide to take the offers being made by france and germany to re locate lock stock and barrel.

There's a much bigger picture for the next few years than if you don't like an individual person.

Every deal will be substantially worse than what we have now, regardless of who is in government. We already have to put up with decades of consequences.

Dont try and put the Brexit disaster as down to the government, its the people that have screwed it up.

Caporegime
Won't happen, Lib Dems will not align themselves to the Tories considering the insidious policies May is trying to sneak in via the back door. Moer likely outcome would be Libs to go in with labour and SNP to oust the Tories

Yeah, 'cos that stopped them last time :rolleyes:

What happens depends on the arithmetic of the seats. Labour/SNP/LD is not likely.

Caporegime
That's funny, because you clearly support Trump and yet Hilary Clinton had far better education (Yale law school) and experience for that role...
Indeed,he used the exact opposite argument to.supprt Trump and has frequently frowned upon the Oxbridge elite running the country etc. Etc.

Scorza is a troll who should be permabanned. Everything he posts now is a complete joke and frequently self-contradictory as he's speed incessant lies.

Soldato
Every deal will be substantially worse than what we have now, regardless of who is in government. We already have to put up with decades of consequences.

Dont try and put the Brexit disaster as down to the government, its the people that have screwed it up.
Indeed, but the government have to deliver on the referendum (which frankly was a stupid idea in the first place). We just have to try to get the best out of it and ironically as I recall May actually campaigned to remain.

Soldato
Possibly because negotiating is different to campaigning. Let's be honest here, Theresa May is an Oxbridge graduate who had a successful career in banking before entering politics. Jeremy Corbyn got two E's at A-Level, did not finish his course at North London Polytechnic and has never done a proper job in his life. I know who I'd want negotiating on my behalf.

But it'll be Keir Starmer QC negotiating if Labour gain power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom