Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato

As biased as that is, its quite correct. May is a horrific prospect around a Brexit negotiating table, its a thought made worse when you consider the other idiots that would be accompanying her. All this nonsense about a stable government being a requirement for good negotiations is as stated, nonsense. We need someone with a level head who can reason with the rest of them not some deranged despot who thinks she's a reincarnation of Thatcher and that wading in shouting about how hard she is will somehow get us somewhere.

Honestly I would rather a balloon with a face drawn on it represent us than T.May, she's only interested in lining her own and her buddies pockets further and will revert to sound bytes and cliches when the **** hits the fan.

Caporegime
Associate
As biased as that is, its quite correct. May is a horrific prospect around a Brexit negotiating table, its a thought made worse when you consider the other idiots that would be accompanying her. All this nonsense about a stable government being a requirement for good negotiations is as stated, nonsense. We need someone with a level head who can reason with the rest of them not some deranged despot who thinks she's a reincarnation of Thatcher and that wading in shouting about how hard she is will somehow get us somewhere.

Honestly I would rather a balloon with a face drawn on it represent us than T.May, she's only interested in lining her own and her buddies pockets further and will revert to sound bytes and cliches when the **** hits the fan.

I don't think that's fair, she's not completely out for herself, and if May is a reincarnation of Thatcher that can't be a bad thing considering Thatcher successfully renegotiated the rebate. Also, whatever may is saying is aimed domestically.

Soldato
So Jeremy Corbyn is Donald Trump using the same populist sound bites and tropes with no intention of ever having to actually deliver on them... Not reassuring me of the consequences of him getting in. By the time it becomes clear most of the promises designed to grab voters cant be delivered it'll be too late and we'll have 5 years of our own Mini Trump.. Oh yay!

Can't dispute the Tories got cocky and screwed it up for themselves though - all they had to do was shut up and say "more of the same whilst we get through this tricky time" with an occasional promise of more money for nurses, children and puppies and they'd have romped it.

Suspended
Possibly because negotiating is different to campaigning. Let's be honest here, Theresa May is an Oxbridge graduate who had a successful career in banking before entering politics. Jeremy Corbyn got two E's at A-Level, did not finish his course at North London Polytechnic and has never done a proper job in his life. I know who I'd want negotiating on my behalf.

That's funny, because you clearly support Trump and yet Hilary Clinton had far better education (Yale law school) and experience for that role...

Soldato
I don't think that's fair, she's not completely out for herself, and if May is a reincarnation of Thatcher that can't be a bad thing considering Thatcher successfully renegotiated the rebate. Also, whatever may is saying is aimed domestically.

The problem is she only thinks she's the reincarnation of Thatcher, but other than being a women she shares little other attributes.

Caporegime
That's funny, because you clearly support Trump and yet Hilary Clinton had far better education (Yale law school) and experience for that role...

that argument doesn't really work there - not that I support Trump but on paper the guy went to Wharton (pretty much the best business school on the planet alongside Harvard and LBS) and has (at least on paper) a proper job as a real estate developer

those were the two arguments Scroza presented - education and real world experience outside of politics - Corbyn lacks them Trump doesn't

(whether Trump's 'education' made much difference is another matter though ;) )

Soldato
This is possible, but I'd rather not have to pay council tax. Shame it wont happen though.

I don't see the justification for a renter not paying council tax, we all use the councils services so we should all pay and I say that as a renter myself.

That said, whatever a landlord has to pay ends up being paid by the tenant long term so I doubt renters will see any reduction in their outgoings.

Soldato
Really in a quandary after the last two weeks of absolute Conservative faff. Labour are a no go and the LibDems will likely increase the possibility of a hung parliament. What an absolute mess, all against the backdrop of Brexit negotiations.

Caporegime

Thanks.

I don't see the justification for a renter not paying council tax, we all use the councils services so we should all pay and I say that as a renter myself.

That said, whatever a landlord has to pay ends up being paid by the tenant long term so I doubt renters will see any reduction in their outgoings.

It's the wastefulness of councils I do not like.

Caporegime
If the polls are true it's a worry in my opinion. How can people swing left so easily? Have they no idea what is ahead with the Brexit negotiations? Strong and stable might seem like a laugh but that is what we need until we get a picture of what this country will look like outside of the EU.

Now is not the time for spite or experimentation.

Exactly the same could be said when we got a Brexit referendum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom