Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Yeah we could could do that, but we never would because the UK wouldn't be inhabitable afterwards. :D

Russia alone could literally turn every inch of the UK to glass not once but several times over - while our own arsenal could only return the favour to something like 1.5% of their landmass - obviously we'd fire for maximum effect against military or city targets.

Soldato
Like some sort of death tax? 15% maybe? :D

No, because that then disappears into general government coffers. You are still dependant on the government of the day allocating sufficient funding for social care.

When an estate is probated, all credits come in and all debits are paid out, If necessary the house is sold on the open market. The remainder of assets is distributed to the heirs.

Caporegime
because that was the point we were discussing, Corbyns decision to change his mind because all of a sudden he thinks there's something in it for him when up until 24 hours ago he was anti live debate. Just goes to show how quick he will U-turn if he thinks there's something in it for him, 24 hours ago he didn't care about free speech and the voters having a right to hear from the leader of the opposition. I wonder is Alastair Campbell has snuck back into the Labour party given just effective the spin doctors and shills are all of a sudden...

Why not just answer the question without trying to deflect it to May. Oh yes, standard labour scripted practice. If someone says something challenging then say "yes but May <insert waffle here>"

I wasn't saying May should be called out on it if she changed her mind, I was saying it would be fine with me.

Soldato
For those that have not seen, here is confirmation May intends to follow the Naylor Report.

In short - the Naylor report intends true & full NHS Privatisation (American Style)

2 mins 30 seconds - 'we will follow the Naylor report of what needs to be done to save the NHS' = full privatisation - the guy in the video explains it in detail - he reads the whole report & condenses it down to a 12 minute video.

A comment on the video "I'm horrified, having watched this. Thanks to Chris Holden for wading through the Naylor Report on our behalf & for making this video."

Suspended
No, because that then disappears into general government coffers. You are still dependant on the government of the day allocating sufficient funding for social care.

When an estate is probated, all credits come in and all debits are paid out, If necessary the house is sold on the open market. The remainder of assets is distributed to the heirs.

And the people who buy the house on the open market are wealthy landlords looking to add to their ballooning portfolio?

Caporegime
Have you not noticed? "Getting round the negotiating table" is Corbyn's soundbite to almost every problem; Brexit - get round the negotiating table with European leaders, Islamic State - get round the negotiating table with them, Israel/Palestine - get them both round the negotiating table, IRA want a united Ireland - get round the negotiating table...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've already voted. Ended up voting Labour as my seat is currently a Labour seat that I didn't want to fall to the Conservatives. Wish we had a system where I could actually vote for the Lib Dems with no negative consequences though.

Soldato
I haven’t posted in this new thread yet but will be voting Labour despite my local MP being a despicable human being. I’m not 100% convinced by Corbyn, but I much prefer his approach of listening to people’s opinions and trying to work with them when compared to May’s ‘bloody difficult woman’ approach. I genuinely think Corbyn will make a better fist of Brexit negotiations as we shouldn’t be treating the EU as adversaries, we should be trying to get the best outcome for both sides.

Do you think that's how the EU will be treating negotiations? People are honestly delusional, Corbyn is a wet paper bag and the entire country will get screwed over with him in charge. Cameron wasn't as weak as him and look at the "deal" he came away with before the referendum.

Caporegime
The NHS is not free to everyone, it is free at the point of need. It costs everyone money and it supports people throughout all their life

Social care is a different demographic. We are an aging population due to extended lifespans and lower chidbirth rates. It should not be funded in the same way. If general taxation is to be the model, it will be forever a cash strapped area dependant on the government of the day and will become un-affordable within a generation without huge rises in tax from all stratums of society.

It is better that people have that money to use, buy things, save during their lifetime and then when they die, some of that returns to the providers of the service as payment.
Like has already been said, if you're going to have a death tax shouldn't it be a % of your estate, rather than having fixed costs to all?

The figure of 15% was used earlier, which sounds reasonable.

The trouble is, the way the Tories are seeking to implement this, it could be a >50% tax on people with a £230k house (ie average). And there is talk of care providers seeing this as an opportunity to increase care costs, too.

Lastly, it's sad that social care is just another profit-making industry now :/ In your final days you will be "looked after" as cheaply as possible, for the greatest possible financial reward for shareholders.

There are so many things wrong with this country. Basic necessities such as housing are a profit-making vehicle for the well-off. Social care is a profit-making exercise for private firms. How long before the NHS follows suit in its entirety.

Not only do Labour need to scrap the Tory plans, but they need to reverse this country's ultra-capitalist direction. We should not all have $$$ floating above our heads and be of no other value in the eyes of the government.

I'm not sure how the Scandinavian countries, and other European countries, manage to be socially responsible and pay for it all. Yet we in this country seem to be constantly telling the electorate that there "is no money for social care", is no money for this, that, the other.

And yet we're the 6th biggest economy in the world? What that tells me is that we're failing to curb the excesses of wealth and greed, and that our society is run only for the benefit of the few.

I guess that turned into a rant. Sorry.

Soldato
It's not what's in it for him, but how to capitalise on much improved polling figures. That's just clever politics.

Unlike u-turns on Manifesto pledges and Tax rises, which just shows you hadn't thought things through
Ahahahaha... ahem... sorry... Love that you actually believe that spin. :)

Associate
I haven’t posted in this new thread yet but will be voting Labour despite my local MP being a despicable human being. I’m not 100% convinced by Corbyn, but I much prefer his approach of listening to people’s opinions and trying to work with them when compared to May’s ‘bloody difficult woman’ approach. I genuinely think Corbyn will make a better fist of Brexit negotiations as we shouldn’t be treating the EU as adversaries, we should be trying to get the best outcome for both sides.

Corbyn can't even get his own MPs to do what he wants, so the chances of him getting what he wants in Brexit are slim to none.

Soldato
I'm not sure how the Scandinavian countries, and other European countries, manage to be socially responsible and pay for it all. Yet we in this country seem to be constantly telling the electorate that there "is no money for social care", is no money for this, that, the other.

They don't, everyone has the same problems we do with the exception in Scandinavia of Norway, as they're very rich in natural resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom