Poll: Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Mk II

Who will you vote for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Even if I wanted to vote Labour - which I don't - I couldn't vote for a party that has Diane Abbott in a senior position. She's an absolute joke of a human being, let alone politician. Awful.

Corbyn I can almost cope with. But the idea of Diane Abbott and the self declared Marxist John McDonell at the controls has me worried, seriously, seriously worried.

Soldato
You know forums are for telling people they're wrong, right? You're not supposed to agree with people. It completely stops them from having counter-arguments. ;)

I'm half in agreement with you. I'm not convinced a bit more splurging on the right kind of things wouldn't have resulted in more growth. It's also clearly the case that one of the reasons our forecasts were all out and we got into this mess is because of the US-led financial crisis and that's hardly the UK's fault. That said, I do think we need to curb our deficit. Even the IFS says its beyond healthy levels now. The UK has weak manufacturing base these days and can't afford to let our credit worthiness be put at risk.

Anyway, as you said: valid point. I think there are far too few people with nuanced viewpoints who don't take some absolutist position on this right now.

Completely agree around curbing deficet, I just come at it from a perspective of tax receipts to do so over minimising spending as with economics I'm pretty Keynesian in regards to speculate to accumulate. I'm not flat out all spend no savings but I would lean toward additional spend combined with sensible savings as a best approach.

Soldato
Define short term. Define gains. Do you even lift?
Short term 2-5 years for everything to sort itself out. The plenty of expected gains that we wanted from Brexit ie better immigration system and the ability to get rid of the EU laws we don't want etc (too many to go into it)

And Yes I bench 120kg, come at me bro

Soldato
Even if I wanted to vote Labour - which I don't - I couldn't vote for a party that has Diane Abbott in a senior position. She's an absolute joke of a human being, let alone politician. Awful.

I think Corbyn has come across OK, even if I don't generally agree with him.

Theresa May has been an embarrassment over the past few weeks, but beyond her, the Conservative policies are better, Labour have a habit of plucking figures out of thin air and spending beyond their means.

What policies? I ask I can't think of a single one they have offered beyond taking houses off the elderly and those they do leave in freezing them to death :p

Soldato
Jeremy Corbyn is a nice man, you could discuss politics endlessly with him down the pub. He is the archetypal idealist. The politics lecturer at a Polytechnical college. The man of the people. I was forced to go back and put his full name as this does represent his appeal. Calling him just Corbyn is just a bit blunt.

Unfortunately he will be communicating with some not very nice people. On both sides of the spectrum. Debate is not always their strongpoint.

He will also be debating with equally nice people of course but I do not think that he has the backing of his party, which he needs, who seem to have been sidelined in this election as much as possible. The big hitters are just not there.

If he does make an impact on June 8th, I just am not sure who would be fully behind him.

Soldato
Corbyn I can almost cope with. But the idea of Diane Abbott and the self declared Marxist John McDonell at the controls has me worried, seriously, seriously worried.

I'm far more worried about Boris Johnson, Gove, Hunt, Fox, Davis and Grayling to be honest with you. Each and every one of them have shown themselves to be absolute dog **** at their jobs. Don't even get me started on IDS.

Caporegime
I'm far more worried about Boris Johnson, Gove, Hunt, Fox, Davis and Grayling to be honest with you. Each and every one of them have shown themselves to be absolute dog **** at their jobs. Don't even get me started on IDS.
IDS was great at his job, assuming his job was to kill as many disabled people as possible.

Permabanned
I said yesterday The more i see of corbyn the more I like him. So I will be voting for him
That said im concerned if that if Labour win... that brexit will be a mess (it will be a mess no matter what party) but Labour will get the blame.
Im wondering if it would be worth it for the tories to win.... it would make them unelectable for a while.... anger is brewing and a lot of people are getting the brunt of their policies.

Soldato
The reason the rubbish people like Abbott are at the front, is that the sensible and decent labour party members never thought JC would last 5 mins, so have been trying to hide in the background

We will see who is correct next week

If (its still a long shot) JC does get in, hopefully the better MP's will come back to the front, and the rubbish ones will get backseated :p

Soldato
Jeremy Corbyn is a nice man, you could discuss politics endlessly with him down the pub. He is the archetypal idealist.....

The man is as tough as nails, don't confuse that with being down to earth and approachable. He has survived two of the toughest internal challenges (coups) to leadership faced by a politician in UK politics and come out with even greater party member support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom