• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
Those saying they will leave the PC master race it will not happen trust me I've tried many many times.
The whole PCMR thing is satire.

Many of us will have started with consoles. From the Atari 2600 to the MegaDrive/SNES/Playstation or whatever.

The PC is just a platform not the platform. Sure it has advantages. Sure it's the most flexible and customisable. But people aren't made of money, and will quickly leave the platform if priced out.

The PS4 Pro is very nice. I can't see the difference between it and my i5 2500k + RX 480. Games don't look worse, and I'm not noticing any real drop outs in performance. So I have at this point in time, the same incentive to upgrade to a PS5; or I could upgrade to Zen2 + Navi + mobo/RAM.

Me personally the choice will come down to price and gaming perf. I don't need to upgrade PC for productivity reasons. The PC won't evaporate if I buy a PS5 so I can still use it for PC things :p

Associate
Those saying they will leave the PC master race it will not happen trust me I've tried many many times.

Already jumped ship before the mining bonanza. Miss it but not tempted back, especially after seeing these price brackets. Not even a case of affordability, just a case of the money being better spent elsewhere.

Caporegime
OP
Already jumped ship before the mining bonanza. Miss it but not tempted back, especially after seeing these price brackets. Not even a case of affordability, just a case of the money being better spent elsewhere.

Yeah...I can get more enjoyment spending £1200 on something else...The 2080ti makes a new 65" OLED seem a bargain tbh...

Soldato
I don't think I could ever fully abandon PC gaming, as I enjoy grand strategy games too much (and FPSs are weird with a controller). But it's getting very tempting to invest in one or two consoles and a good TV for AAA titles, whilst just maintaining only a low specced PC for strategy games.

Associate
This might be the first top of the line Ti I have skipped. Im normally a sucker but I think ill just spend the money on something else. It might be affordable to me, but i cant justify that sort of cost. Think I have just saved a grand which I can blow on something else. Nvidia have made my mind up for me with this pricing. £700-800 think I would have pre ordered today. Think I might just pre order the new fanatec DD instead.

Associate
No. I've said before but I'll use this as an opportunity to look to downsize my PC gaming to something smaller - in price, size and power. I still need a PC and would like to play some games from my library but the days of buying a powerful mid/high-end gaming desktop look like they are coming to an end. I've already got the PS4 Pro and purchased an Xbox One X earlier this year so have already started to transition to console gaming. And I don't regret it one bit. I also not convinced that AMD won't also raise the prices when their new GPU's arrive.

My current thoughts are maybe to look at a gaming laptop, but I don't need to do anything right away.

Soldato
Yes... bought 2... but only because I'm an idiot with more money than sense.

The pricing is absolutely absurd and a complete ****-take.

I blame AMD...

Not sure if serious, funny if a joke but..

Thinks 'The pricing is absolutely absurd and a complete ****-take.'

Then buys 2 and blames AMD rofl.

You and others like you are literally to blame for this situation. Nvidia can charge whatever they want xD

Ah the irony of his post amazing. Good stuff.

Associate
Highly unlikely but need to see the numbers. I am in the market for a new UWD, high refresh rate monitor and will want something to *comfortably* drive that (because I've never been able to dial back visual settings), but it would need to blow away a 1080Ti at >3440 x1440 to get me to spend that money.

I am thinking the more likely scenario is that I skip this gen (and maybe pick up a cheap 1080) and buy the 7nm refresh part next summer/fall, likely for a similar price but that at least has the even-better-yet-performance boost to warrant that outlay of cash.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Tbh, I'm losing interest in pc hardware fast....I've just bought a 6 core 12 thread 8750H Dell XPS for my recording studio, considering the use it will get and the money it cost it makes the 2080ti cost just lol for some new eye candy...

I want to upgrade my home cinema, £1000 gets me 4 x monitor Audio silver FX speakers...GFX cards costing 1200 is just ludicrous...it's no longer fun at this price tier.
Seems Nvidia have hit majority of people's limit here. I recall you saying something like £6xx (1080 price at the time) was noting much, as you had just had a bottle of wine the night before costing £xxx. How times change :p;)

But maybe like me, it is not not being able to afford it that is the problem, issue is not being able to justify it and not liking the feeling of being bent over by Jensen.

91.3% out of 364 people as the poll stands say no. That is encouraging. If most of these people stick to their words, the 30 series may end up being cheaper.

If the 2070 is better than a 1080Ti in performance, I may yet get one. But might also end up getting a 1080Ti on members market instead of waiting for the extra ram.

Back
Top Bottom