• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
No. I'd rather dip my privates in honey and find some fire ants. I wish I had more than two of the fingers to raise at the leather clad disillusioned man. I hope they won't sell a single one and green will be forced to cut deep into the pricing. Would be great if reviewers would collectively decline to review such priced cards or at least not praise them or recommend them to their audience.

7nm is probably right around the corner (a year ) and may sport sane pricing (right...).

Caporegime
Nah. At £800 I'd probably have bit, but another £500 on top of that? Nooooo.

Who can possibly be buying at that price? It's bizarre.

Americans, when I would frequent LinusTechTips forum it seemed apparent they were more willing to splash out on the higher end cards, maybe because they don’t get shafted like we do with the currency.

Soldato
Nvidia surely know that there is enough demand at these prices, I'd have been tempted at a decent 2080 TI for £700 - £800, but for now it's too much for me.

I'll stick with my standard 1080, paid £630 for it in June 2016.

Also not really playing any demanding games right now. Don't think Crusader Kings 2 needs a 2080 :)

Associate
It would make more sense to me to get an 8700k oveclocked cpu, mobo and ram and just keep my 980Ti and it would still be less than a 2080Ti.

I did just that and saw a very hefty boost in plenty of games.

As for this card? No, I just don't play enough demanding games to justify it. An RTX 2070 at around £500 with roughly 1080 Ti performance? I'd be tempted, just to allow me to play the Witcher 3 DLC at 4K.

Back
Top Bottom