• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I voted no because I think I'll wait until the generation after the 2080Ti (I guess the 2180Ti or whatever it will be called). On the other hand, I'd be interested to know what games are going to be updated to take advantage of the real-time raytracing. Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere?

Associate
I was in two minds about buying a 1080Ti and just waiting for the next Gen but Novembers black Friday event saved me a lot of money which was a good call not only have prices shot up this new generation is OTT.
The 1080Ti will last me a good 2 to 4 years with the slow way game development is proceeding by which time the new tech in the latest Gpu`s will have become established and hopefully become affordable for the majority

Last edited:
Associate
I voted no because I think I'll wait until the generation after the 2080Ti (I guess the 2180Ti or whatever it will be called). On the other hand, I'd be interested to know what games are going to be updated to take advantage of the real-time raytracing. Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere?

They listed about 19 upcoming games with Ray Tracing support. It was shown in the live stream.

I have pre-ordered a Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti. To of them are out of my price range just now.
I was considering 2x RTX 2080, but if its performance wise the same difference when looking at 2x GTX 1080 vs 1x GTX 1080Ti, I'd go for the latter.

Soldato
I've voted no for now due to the shady way the whole press release was done.

After benchmarking reviews I may change my mind. My 1080ti will do for now. For the price of the 2080ti I could upgrade my mobo, cpu and ram and still have enough money left for a Vive :D

Associate
I've voted no for now due to the shady way the whole press release was done.

After benchmarking reviews I may change my mind. My 1080ti will do for now. For the price of the 2080ti I could upgrade my mobo, cpu and ram and still have enough money left for a Vive :D

But But, think of the GIGARAYS!!! You’ll be missing out on all those Rays if you don’t spend £1200+ on the new Ti.

Never in my life have I come away from the launch of a new card wondering what the raw performance is compared to my current card....that is SERIOUSLY shady of Nvidia.

Does nobody else think it’s beyind bizarre they didn’t give a raw performance comparison against previous generations?

Associate
Thinking of a new build around start of 2019, happy that there is a CPU alternative to Intel and keen on AMD TR 2950X.

For the GPU I just can't swallow the 2080 asking price, ray tracing seems little supported and so wasted, and I've not seen any numbers on how it compares with 1080ti in today's gaming benchmarks.

So no. Probably go for 1080ti new build and can only dream AMD will have a "reasonably" priced alternative.

Associate
I'll be watching benches with interest (surely with that many cores there must be some decent increase?) but otherwise waiting for black Friday and hoping there are some decent deals about to clear old 10 series stock.

Soldato
Poll would have been better if it also had the 2080 and 2070... I would never have been in the market for a 2080ti... But I might be tempted by a 2070 once the benches etc are out if there is not a strong AMD alternative by the time I have the money.

Back
Top Bottom