• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^^ many don't see it like this at all though..

They see the pricing as totally fine and pay it without one question..

And that's why Nvidia keeps asking more with each generation. These new price segments are here to stay and increase incrementally. No mister Nvidia sir, thou shall not begot my coins.

Buying without having proper reviews or ideas about performance as compared to the previous generation is just entirely different level of madness IMHO. Nothing personal, I just cannot understand that.

Nvidia Clarifies - RTX in games doesn't mean Ray Tracing

Now that the dust has settled a little, Nvidia has released a press release to confirm that RTX technology refers to both AI and Ray Tracing, which means that almost half of the "RTX Games" below will lack any support for Ray Tracing. In fact, more of the titles below support Nvidia's AI-driven DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) than real-time Ray Tracing, with 16 games supporting DLSS while 11 support Ray Traced elements.

Below is a list of all the games below that will support Real-Time Ray Tracing;

- Assetto Corsa Competizione
- Atomic Heart
- Battlefield V
- Control
- Enlisted
- Justice
- JX3
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
- Metro Exodus
- ProjectDH
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Below is a list of games that will support Nvidia DLSS;

- Ark: Survival Evolved
- Atomic Heart
- Dauntless
- Final Fantasy XV
- Fractured Lands
- Hitman 2
- Islands of Nyne
- Justice
- JX3
- Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries
- Player Unknown's Battlegrounds
- Remnant: From the Ashes
- Serious Sam 4: PLanet Badass
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- The Forge Arena
- We Happy Few

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/nvidia_clarifies_-_rtx_in_games_doesn_t_mean_ray_tracing/1

Ray tracing performance. 2080 Ti provides around 30fps @1080p

This is by no means a final version of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the developers have already confirmed that the game will be released without raytracing features

https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...ormance-in-Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-1263244/

Enjoy your 11 games, of which you'll play two or three, @720p, early adopters :p

Last edited:
I can afford one sure but am i willing to even think about it with no benchmarks or real world info available - no.

My 1080Ti will last a little while longer!

^^^ many don't see it like this at all though..

They see the pricing as totally fine and pay it without one question..
Which is obviously lunacy as we don't have any perf figures yet...

It's literally agreeing to pay 1.5 thousand pounds for a promise of "Something you'll really, really like; trust me it's worth it!"

Stop using common sense bud.
This is lol-worthy for two reasons.

Firstly yesterday you said, "It's stupid to buy but I'm going to anyway; I probably deserve the hate I'm going to get."

Now today you're all defensive and trying to justify the purchase (which you really don't need to in any case).

But to then attempt to bring "common sense" into this - on your side - is lol-worthy.

Where is the "common sense" in agreeing to pay >£1000 for a completely unknown quantity? You're acting purely on faith.

Which is obviously lunacy as we don't have any perf figures yet...

It's literally agreeing to pay 1.5 thousand pounds for a promise of "Something you'll really, really like; trust me it's worth it!"

Have to agree with this

This is lol-worthy for two reasons.

Firstly yesterday you said, "It's stupid to buy but I'm going to anyway; I probably deserve the hate I'm going to get."

Now today you're all defensive and trying to justify the purchase (which you really don't need to in any case).

But to then attempt to bring "common sense" into this - on your side - is lol-worthy.

Where is the "common sense" in agreeing to pay >£1000 for a completely unknown quantity? You're acting purely on faith.

and this.

Last edited:
He's just one of the addicts FoxEye. There is no logic applied

You're wasting your time chap. You won't convince him otherwise.

Try telling a drug addict not to fork out for a new drug that promises to give you a high far greater than you have ever had before

Yeah I do find it kind of sad that someone would part with their hard earned cash based on nothing...

It's kind of pathetic and tragic...

Why not wait? I doubt you will get the cards any time sooner than someone who waits for the benchies...

All this distance selling , I'll return the card if it's not what I want is dishonest tbh....

The clear healthy thing to do, is to wait for the actual performance figures then decide if the card is what you actually will benefit from.

Pre order is so immature lol :p

Not very surprised at negative poll.

I watched PCGamesHardware's Shadow of the Tomb Raider RTX gameplay demo test ran 30-70 fps at 1080p on RTX 2080 Ti.

You need to remember that the game are in BETA!!!

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvid...-tomb-raider-with-60fps-at-1080p-with-rtx-on/

Shadow of the Tomb Raider developer responded to poor ray tracing performance said the demo are not polished and used some RT cores very early work in progress, future patch will see complete implementation of RTX technology that will see ray tracing run smoother up to 4K 60fps with all RT cores enabled.

I probably will get RTX 2080 but will wait for reviews with benchmarks, coolers temp and noise, overclocking results. Leaning to Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders Edition but someone said that the dual fans is too loud at 100% then I probably will go for MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio with new TORX FAN 3.0 but it is long card at 327mm so I will need a new case.

Last edited:
Not very surprised at negative poll.

I watched PCGamesHardware's Shadow of the Tomb Raider RTX gameplay demo test ran 30-70 fps at 1080p on RTX 2080 Ti.

You need to remember that the game are in BETA!!!

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvid...-tomb-raider-with-60fps-at-1080p-with-rtx-on/

Shadow of the Tomb Raider developer responded to poor ray tracing performance said the demo are not polished and used some RT cores very early work in progress, future patch will see complete implementation of RTX technology that will see ray tracing run smoother up to 4K 60fps with all RT cores enabled./QUOTE]
They better get their arse in gear they have 4 weeks.

HEY GUYS
2080ti 11gb is around £1150 mark

2080 8gb is around the £700 mark

2070 8gb is around £550 mark

They 2080ti should have have more than 11gb, as its the same as the memory of the 1080ti

so im thinking the 1080ti will still be more powerful than the 2070 yes?? considering the 1080ti has better specs than the 2070

Also the 2080ti is the same cost as a titan, (wtf) but how much faster are we talking about compared to the 1080ti

Also with the 2080 be faster than the 1080ti??

Turing 12nm will be so short-lived (<1 year) that those who bought it may feel sick when 7nm (the real deal) launches in 2019. There's a reason the Ti released simultaneously boys and girls...

On the upside; you have a £1200 book end, and you can't buy that at IKEA!

Back
Top Bottom