• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
judging by the poll results and many user comments on different forums and you tube videos, Nvidia are about to get a bust product sales. I don't think they are gong to sell much, I can see they are forced to sell cards at reduced rate. I can see them dropping prices incrementally like £100 off at first and then another £100. They will try and find how much the market will tolerate and it would seem £800 for a TI is it. If this was £799 i would have bought one but £1000-£1200 got to be joking, that almost half my budget for the PC as a whole.

Or they artificially priced it high like this to force people to buy surplus stock 1080TI1, 1080, 1070TI, ect but this does not make sense as those that buy these card will not be inclined to buy new 208X series cards straight away after just purchasing a 1080 series card even if they discount them, by then AMD should be ready with their new cards.

either way this might turn into a flop card, specially if Ray tracing performance is as indicated so far and its performance in normal gaming is not much better than 1080TI.

Interesting times ahead for them. I just don't think the performance is there in normal gaming, if it was they would have boasted about it even while trying to sell Ray Tracing malarkey.

Excellent chance for amd to steal their thunder. But to be honest with both Xbox and sony using AMD gpu and cpu I think they are doing quite well.

My 1080ti will do me until I see what amd come up with.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti

''we did get to play multiple PC games at 4K and in excess of 60 frames per second...We can only tell you that Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks stunning with ray tracing turned on... in terms of frame rate, Shadow of the Tomb Raider ran at a mostly consistent 50-57 fps, which is impressive giving the game is running on a single GPU and in such an early state – on top of all the new ray tracing techniques.
We also played a variety of other PC games that shall not be named, and saw performance run in excess of 100 fps at 4K and Ultra settings. ''

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti

''we did get to play multiple PC games at 4K and in excess of 60 frames per second...We can only tell you that Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks stunning with ray tracing turned on... in terms of frame rate, Shadow of the Tomb Raider ran at a mostly consistent 50-57 fps, which is impressive giving the game is running on a single GPU and in such an early state – on top of all the new ray tracing techniques.
We also played a variety of other PC games that shall not be named, and saw performance run in excess of 100 fps at 4K and Ultra settings. ''

That said, you shouldn’t automatically jump on the pre-order button.

Prices of the 20 series have been jumping all over the place. The MSI Duke was one of the cheapest, now it's Evga price. Rtx 2070 category is listed now, aswell.

Meh, right now there is absolutely no 2080ti competition, so they can sell to the people who will pay thos price and then discount if they need to fir volume. I am interested in the 2070, but to be honest even that is going to be too rich for me. I am in 580/1060 territory at 1080p but looking for the next generation at that price point before buying.

Voted NOT INTERESTED , simply down to the extortionate prices that gpus have risen to.
Just cannot justify more than £500-600 on a gpu.

not interested

if the 2080ti was £500, 2080 £350 and 2070 £250, i'd be interested. until then pc gaming can jog on.
not interested

if the 2080ti was £500, 2080 £350 and 2070 £250, i'd be interested. until then pc gaming can jog on.
You're talking about lower pricing than 10 series, that's not going to happen. I wouldn't mind knowing how much R&D NV throw at each generation - I suspect it's always on the rise. As we get closer to the limits of silicon it's probably getting more and more expensive to get the performance from.

Not interested.
Sticking with a 980ti while I complete a backlog of games that run perfectly fine. I just hope PC gaming doesn't die during this period of joke prices. As soon as GPUs started costing twice a console I start to look at jumping back in that direction for my gaming fix.

Prices are absolutely ludicrous. So expensive it's like a joke. And I though Pascal cards are too expensive to begin with. Nvidia are out of control.

You're talking about lower pricing than 10 series, that's not going to happen. I wouldn't mind knowing how much R&D NV throw at each generation - I suspect it's always on the rise. As we get closer to the limits of silicon it's probably getting more and more expensive to get the performance from.

There's always multiple people like you 'oh R&D must be expensive, high prices are justified'. One look at Nvidia's financial results the last few years shows how absurd your comment is.

Not interested.
Sticking with a 980ti while I complete a backlog of games that run perfectly fine. I just hope PC gaming doesn't die during this period of joke prices. As soon as GPUs started costing twice a console I start to look at jumping back in that direction for my gaming fix.
It's hard times like but PC gaming won't die,I'm sure if that was to actually happen NV/AMD in that event would probably knock a chunk of prices to cause an influx of return gamers. Short run profit loss long run... profit.

There's always multiple people like you 'oh R&D must be expensive, high prices are justified'. One look at Nvidia's financial results the last few years shows how absurd your comment is.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not justifying the current pricing, you've jumped to a conclusion. But I really don't think we should be expecting lower pricing than the last two gens even based on an R&D perspective when NV are pushing the envelope. Isn't PC gaming supposed to be dying too? Less units being sold = higher £ to charge.
Like I've said before, if we (and that includes you) ran such a company we're be in the exact same place now too. That's one of the things that irritates me these days - people really seeing no further than their own back yard, but placed in the same situation, they'd be doing the exact same thing as those they're complaining about. When you're disadvantaged, there's always someone/thing to blame.
End of day, if we dont like the prcing , we don't buy. If enough do that, the prices comes down or the company reduces R&D moving forward.

Last edited:
You're talking about lower pricing than 10 series, that's not going to happen.

yeah but you missed the point, graphics cards are too expensive now, even the 10 series. i posted a more reasonable price for what i would be willing to pay, prices that closely match those when i bought my 2011 and 2008 and 2004 and 2000 pcs, yet in the last few years they have shot up and are at ridiculous prices.

the 2080ti is around what i would be willing to pay for a full pc build lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom