• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,193.93 (includes shipping: £0.00)

You can get all this, for LESS THAN the price of 1 x 2080Ti lol

High end screen
Great GPU
Comfy seat to game on

or 1 2080Ti that'll be EOL in less than 12 months.
I plumped for a phantom 4 drone and a Nintendo switch. For the same cost of a 2080Ti. Pretty sure I will get more fun out of that lot than a few more frames with a new card.

A shame still, as I have always seen OcUK as an entusiast site and a shop that sells enthusiast products, so quite surprised to see so much negativity to those buying but whateve's.

Can't one be an enthusiast whilst being against being shafted?

I fail to see how you're struggling with the negativity? How much would these cards have to cost for you personally to think actually, nah, there is no way in hell they are worth that? As that's where most people on here are at now....

I expect Sony and MS are rolling on the floor in laughter at these prices as console sales are about to go through the roof.

So you won't be buying then, pure and simple. As said above, if enough don't buy then the prices come down. if supply/demand is in NV's favour, prices won't.
In 2000, a GPU was good for a year at best due to the HW being way behind the SW. This is not the case today. Prices today are not comparable for this reason and many others :). We don't know the business as well as AMD and NV do. I remember having a 670 and was not impressed with it at all (for £300) but the 1070 Ti (£419) I rate highly. If I ran NV or AMD I'd be maximising profit too, wouldn't we all?

8pack or someone mentioned how well the TXP's sold. High prices are sustainable it seems. That's not NV ripping people off, people are buying £1k GPU's because they want to. It's a luxury item but obviously for many they're willing to spend more money on their gaming hobby.

Well if Ray tracing is anything to go for then it looks like the software is way ahead of the hardware now.

If you look back the Ti cards have ALWAYS been launched much later than the traditional **80 and **70 launch cards. This was to sweep up all before the Ti made the nerds upgrade from a **80 to a **80Ti.

This time around they haven't done that. You have to ask why? My reasoning for Ti launch now, is that the 7nm stuff will smash these 20** cards and Nvidia want to sucker the masses into buying these 20** cards now, before releasing the proper turing 7nm stuff later.

A bit like Intel and the Kabylake X stuff. They didn't even last 1 year before being replaced.
The real Ti will be coming in 6 months. All they have done is re jig this series.

Pretty obvious.

2080Ti actually = 2080
2080 = 2070
And 2070 = 2060

Rumours abound that the 2070 is only a whisker faster than the 1080. That would confirm the above.

This time around they haven't done that. You have to ask why? My reasoning for Ti launch now, is that the 7nm stuff will smash these 20** cards and Nvidia want to sucker the masses into buying these 20** cards now, before releasing the proper turing 7nm stuff later.

A bit like Intel and the Kabylake X stuff. They didn't even last 1 year before being replaced.

This is the bit i don't understand, you all speak about Ti as if its an exact product, its not its just branding.

Its just the top end of Nvidias cards right now, they could have called it ANYTHING, Titan, Titan T , 2080 Max edition.

The question is not "why have they released the Ti so early" rather "why have they named the top tier card Ti" ?

The real Ti will be coming in 6 months. All they have done is re jig this series.

Pretty obvious.

2080Ti actually = 2080
2080 = 2070
And 2070 = 2060

At the start of the week I said that exact same thing, but having looked online and had a think about it over the last 24 hours, I think the 7nm stuff will come sooner than later and that's why they are doing the Ti now, as opposed to 9-12 months after the standard launch.

I could be wrong but I have a gut feeling this time around is different due to 7nm incoming. They need to fleece the sheeple again since Pascal is over 2 years old now.

Can't one be an enthusiast whilst being against being shafted?

I fail to see how you're struggling with the negativity? How much would these cards have to cost for you personally to think actually, nah, there is no way in hell they are worth that? As that's where most people on here are at now....

I expect Sony and MS are rolling on the floor in laughter at these prices as console sales are about to go through the roof.
Of course one can be an enthusiast but why shafted? Have you got one on credit or something? I get shafted when paying the gas/electric/water/council tax/petrol etc but I didn't need to buy a 2080Ti but felt I would buy it, so getting shafted doesn't work here (surprised I needed to explain it). And I wouldn't mind seeing the people at sony and microsoft actually rolling on the floor in laughter.... That would be quite the spectacle to see :D

For most people on here, you can go here and have some fun
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/console-games-hardware.23/

I do make myself chuckle at times :D

Pretty obvious.

2080Ti actually = 2080
2080 = 2070
And 2070 = 2060

Rumours abound that the 2070 is only a whisker faster than the 1080. That would confirm the above.

Exactly, its a cunning ploy by Nvidia to make people think "OMG the best card is comming out early" and its working , even most of the tech press have swallowed it.

I use Daz 3D a fair amount and love iRay but **** the price of these things. I'll definitely wait six months before purchasing a 2080. If the price isn't much, much lower I'll be better of buying a decent 1080Ti and waiting for the next generation.

Sorry guys just catching up, I can't justify staying up till 2am reading priced out the market hurt comments.

Not a problem and glad to be of service ;) You do seem to repeat the same drivel in thread after thread about lube though.... Something you want to get off your chest? :p

Yeah... I've been wondering that too.

If the right algorithm can be written... then they'll be monsters able to compete with current ASICs...

I lol'd

I don't know what that means, Jenson went in dry this time.

Enjoy your card mate. Keep it warm for me, maybe I'll buy it from you on mm when Nvidia unveil their next set of GPU's. starting at £999 for the 3070* >> 3080 Ti* only £1600 pmsl xD

Good times man.

Times your never going to be a part of any more, I'm sure AMD will still produce some bottom end cards you can buy.

Yeah I do find it kind of sad that someone would part with their hard earned cash based on nothing...

It's kind of pathetic and tragic...

Why not wait? I doubt you will get the cards any time sooner than someone who waits for the benchies...

All this distance selling , I'll return the card if it's not what I want is dishonest tbh....

The clear healthy thing to do, is to wait for the actual performance figures then decide if the card is what you actually will benefit from.

Pre order is so immature lol :p

Pre-ordered mine so I can get it at original price, Gibbo has already hinted these are the lowest you'll see them for quite some time. We seen hardware do nothing but go up in price for the first 6 months of it's life. Plus there's already a stock shortage so I didn't want to get caught out there.
You carry on repeating yourself though, cause that's so "mature".

Well firstly I used the amount of cores in the 2080Ti over the amount of cores on the 1080Ti, I then put the fact that the 2080Ti can do RT upto 6x faster than previous gens and then I made an informed decision.

What is lolworthy to me is the amount of people who chuck out accusations of "Going in dry/Free lube/Bent over/An addict/A mug" etc etc and whilst all of that does make me chuckle, it does get tiresome reading it in thread after thread and repeated by the same people.

I thought this was an enthusiast site and not moneysavingexpert :D :D

Crack on though, haters gonna hate :D :D

I must agree I'm enjoying the meme's in the other thread, but there's about 6 or so people running round now, with smoke rising from their keyboards they're so busy cause they've been priced out the market, they probably didn't even want a new card in the first place anyway.

Pretty obvious.

2080Ti actually = 2080
2080 = 2070
And 2070 = 2060

Have you got any links to this? How do you know the real Ti will be coming in 6 months? Have you seen the size of the chip on the 2080Ti and the power draw? You talk some waffle with actually having no idea at all my friend :D

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,193.93 (includes shipping: £0.00)

You can get all this, for LESS THAN the price of 1 x 2080Ti lol

High end screen
Great GPU
Comfy seat to game on

or 1 2080Ti that'll be EOL in less than 12 months.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powe...hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-190-pc.html

£50 cheaper :P

https://www.pcworld.com/article/329...every-pc-game-real-time-ray-tracing-dlss.html

Here's the list of the game which will support ray tracing:

Battlefield V
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Control
Enlisted
Justice
Atomic Heart
JX3

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
Metro Exodus
ProjectDH from Nexon’s devCAT Studio
Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Are there enough of them to make the 'upgrade' worth the money ?

I believe the manufacturers of Assetto Corsa said that Ray Tracing wont be on the final game release.

Sorry guys just catching up, I can't justify staying up till 2am reading priced out the market hurt comments.

I lol'd

Times your never going to be a part of any more, I'm sure AMD will still produce some bottom end cards you can buy.

Pre-ordered mine so I can get it at original price, Gibbo has already hinted these are the lowest you'll see them for quite some time. We seen hardware do nothing but go up in price for the first 6 months of it's life. Plus there's already a stock shortage so I didn't want to get caught out there.
You carry on repeating yourself though, cause that's so "mature".

I must agree I'm enjoying the meme's in the other thread, but there's about 6 or so people running round now, with smoke rising from their keyboards they're so busy cause they've been priced out the market, they probably didn't even want a new card in the first place anyway.

I was and still am chuffed that I bought one of these. I guess those that want one but can't afford it need to justify themselves somehow :D

I wait with bated breath for those that come in and say "I could buy 10 if I want but **** nvidia" :D :D

I
Have you got any links to this? How do you know the real Ti will be coming in 6 months? Have you seen the size of the chip on the 2080Ti and the power draw? You talk some waffle with actually having no idea at all my friend :D
No need to get personal. Yes I have seen the size of the chip. And breakdowns of how it is supposedly composed. Have you heard of tensor cores? Do you know they are in this die for the first time? Do you know they take up a significant portion of the die? Do you know that that means the die is bigger due to this? And nvidia can make the die any size they damn well please. Just to convince people they are getting the full chip at launch. Hell. Half of it could be empty silicone if they wanted.

I'm willing to bet a real Ti, or 7nm cards will be along sooner rather than later. If I was CEO it's what I would have done. In the face of no competition.

You really do have quite the lofty attitude on these forums. All because you are willing to throw cash at anything that is put in front of you. Regardless of what it is or how it performs. Throwing good money after bad doesn't make you a tech expert or more entitled than anyone else.

Yeah course they will, I could buy 3 Lambo's but their rubbish and I don't them, their not worth the money and their slow and ugly and....**** who am I kidding I can't even afford one Lambo not even close, I might go on a Lambo forum though and express it all anyway.

Back
Top Bottom