• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Poll: Will you be buying a 2080Ti/2080/2070?

Which card will you be buying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I feel deflated, I wanted to see benchies, I wanted to waste money on another stupid GPU but NVIDIA have denied that by giving us zero benchmarks and forcing us onto this Ray tracing which to me doesn't really excite me.

Might book a holiday with the money saved :D

Permabanned
Pretty much as I suspected. Prices will initially be obscene to make the old cards look good value, will drop a little more when the old stock is gone, and a bit more prior to the launch of the next cards, perhaps quicker than the previous gen.

We’ll never see prices as low as prior to the mining boom/ram gouging.

Do we know if the ti is the full fat chip? If not expect an RTX Ultra or whatever some time soon ish.

When AMD's market share drops below 5%, and if they release a top card, it can very well be for £250-£350.

What about HDR10, did nvidia mention anything about better colours representation and image quality?

Edit: the full fat chip is with 4608 shaders, the Ti is castrated.

Soldato
Nope. Only game that I can see myself wanting to upgrade for is Cyberpunk 2077 and there's no release date on that as of yet. Even if it were to come out this year I'd go for a 1080TI.

Associate
cant say for sure as ive seen no benchmarks in gaming other then "ray tracing" being vaguely mentioned as they shy'd away from any proper performance mentions tbh .

if 2080ti is like 30% + quicker then 1080ti then maybe

Associate
Ridiculous! 2080 price looks ok'ish but £1000+ for the ti?! Yeh it does all this fancy shadow crap but look at what the 10 series does, freeze game, look around 16x resolution screenshot ect - never seen a game take advantage of it! Looking forward to BF5 but im sure my 8700k, 32gig ram + GTX1080 will run it great. Then again - if i get a good price for my 1080, a 2080 might be on the cards..

need RL benchmarks without this TRX crap

Caporegime
Anything upto £800-£850 *max* for a Ti and I might have bitten, but let's be honest their's nothing wrong with my Ti atm so I'm gonna hold off. Expecting the driver hammer to come down HARD on Pascal soon though :p

Permabanned
Ridiculous! 2080 price looks ok'ish but £1000+ for the ti?!

The price is normal. I would even ask them to increase it to 1600 lol.
Titan cards launch at that price and after some time, nvidia used to screw its owners by releasing as fast Ti but considerably cheaper.
There is no complete happiness... Especially with nvidia :D

Soldato
cant say for sure as ive seen no benchmarks in gaming other then "ray tracing" being vaguely mentioned as they shy'd away from any proper performance mentions tbh .

if 2080ti is like 30% + quicker then 1080ti then maybe
It should be 30% I would have thought. 20% more cores, GDDR6 mems and architecture improvments should give 30%+? RT looks good for the future just too early atm.

Back
Top Bottom