Post your actual energy usage

Orange = Agile unit cost
Blue = consumption
Grey = cost in pence
yest.png

I’ve imported 1.4MWh with 80%+ being off peak @0.72p per kWh. I don’t think I’ve put my own money on the meter since just before government payments last October. I can’t actually remember lol.

As with many others with solar and batteries, the bulk of my cost is the standing charge.

Last edited:
May 2023 usage:
Gas: 308.1kWh
Elec: 128.33kWh

It cost me a rather nice £69, next cheapest month this year was £109 and most expensive (January) was £167.

Elec 304kwh 117quid blink 104 Hugo
Gas 279.61kwh 41.04quid 40.06

Both include day charge. Not sure why the rounding error from blink to Hugo is so big on usage.....

Eonext app has no idea my bill or usage. Utter useless.

As we're approaching the time everyone starts watching their usage...

I'm 3 days shy of having a year's worth of our energy usage in the Octopus app, but the last "year to date" we have effectively used 3,250kWh of electric (had an EV until March) and 5,600kWh of gas.

Just paid the last quarters electric, (no gas here, central heating and workshop heating are oil fired), and it was just shy of £1100. Turned the night time kennel heaters on yesterday, which are electric 175 Watts each, five of them, and the wife's succumbed and turned the central heating on.

Dreams of full retirement put on hold ... :(

Just paid the last quarters electric, (no gas here, central heating and workshop heating are oil fired), and it was just shy of £1100. Turned the night time kennel heaters on yesterday, which are electric 175 Watts each, five of them, and the wife's succumbed and turned the central heating on.

Dreams of full retirement put on hold ... :(
Find a spot in one of your fields and whack some solar on it.

This is mine, year to date. I was lucky, fixed in Sept 2021 at 22.4p for elec. and 5.56p for gas - unfortunately expires 31 Dec, but done well out of it, Gas year to date is 1037kwh and Elec. is 1454kwh;

Our apartment is B rated EPC which helps a lot I think.

hUoxa90h.png

Last edited:
I look at poeples gas usage for the year and wonder how they do it. I think mine would be higher just on heating water.
Last year I used 16K KWh of gas and 3.7K KWh elec and thats me being really very tight with the heating, I have the thermostat set to 19 max, most the time it was off.
I have a 4 bed Victorian semi, the cavity wall insulation was done, the loft was extended so its all modern insulation standards, the windows are all replacement double glazed sash and I have a brand new super efficient condensing boiler.
I work long hours in an office so most the time the heating is off and I live alone half the week and have my two kids the other half.

I thought I was doing quite well re the heating bill until I read this thread, my last house (admittidly was much bigger) used ~42K KWh of gas a year ! mind you it was only about 2.5p /KWh then.

EDITED to correct annual usage .

Last edited:
I've just started my 3rd Octopus Go price. I've not been billed for October yet so the Go 2 price is 10 days shy.

Total DaysTotal CostUnits OffUnits OnTotal365 Cost365 Units
go 1 5p
327​
£ 483.13
7199.6​
311.7​
7511.3​
£ 539.27
8384.2​
go 2 7.5p
355​
£ 823.32
7196.5​
329.0​
7525.5​
£ 846.51
7737.5​
go 3 9p

~£300 increase on Go2 from Go1 despite ~500 units less. However i'm still in profit as my FIT pays over £100/month on average. Oh and I've £225 in Octopoints from the saving sessions so that can put a big dent in the increase.

My usage so far this year, up to yesterday.

Should be under 900 kWh for the year,

yCfuQdCl.jpg

Cost so far for the electricity used (no SC included)

78E25W9l.jpg

Battery covers all peak time use, hence the low cost on Octopus G0/Go Faster rates.

I look at poeples gas usage for the year and wonder how they do it. I think mine would be higher just on heating water.
Last year I used 16KWh of gas and 3.7KWh elec and thats me being really very tight with the heating, I have the thermostat set to 19 max, most the time it was off.
I have a 4 bed Victorian semi, the cavity wall insulation was done, the loft was extended so its all modern insulation standards, the windows are all replacement double glazed sash and I have a brand new super efficient condensing boiler.
I work long hours in an office so most the time the heating is off and I live alone half the week and have my two kids the other half.

I thought I was doing quite well re the heating bill until I read this thread, my last house (admittidly was much bigger) used ~42KWh of gas a year ! mind you it was only about 2.5p /KWh then.

Are those daily figures?

I just did a calc based on 12 months (took Oct 1st 2022 readings off Sep 30th 2023 readings) to get the following full year usage Oct22-Sep23:

Elec - 901kWh
Gas - 1,458kWh (using the calorific calculation on my bill)

House is modern (EPC of B) with modern appliances and LED bulbs etc. Gas Hob, CH and Shower

Back
Top Bottom