Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
Yesterday on the M25, snapped from my taxi on the way to the airport. What's that number plate all about? Lots of bolt-ons! What's the thing next to the exhaust?
IMG_4330sml.jpg

Soldato
Thought so! Assuming it's meant to be HAR 1Y. Must get stopped often with that. It's the same on the front (rather than a plate it looked like a sticker on the front of the bonnet).

Soldato
https://performancehart.co.uk

Looks like its offroad use only and might be a show plate?

Going by that link the correct plate is H17 RTV...although that's on silver Supra and is insured as TOYOTA SUPRA SZ (TURBO).

Nurburgring posting a 7:27 lap time – not a bad time at all for a road legal car.

Well, if you used the correct plate on it then yes, it would be road legal...

Soldato
So if you type harty supra into Google you get loads of hits, one of them being this video.
Sounds like a lovely chap
Even back then (2009) he had the plate the same and the cops weren't too impressed. I dont mind a bit of spacing etc but thats too much!

Soldato
Going by that link the correct plate is H17 RTV...although that's on silver Supra and is insured as TOYOTA SUPRA SZ (TURBO).

Holy moly that is so illegal! I hadn't realised someone had figured it out and I tried about half a dozen and couldn't figure it out..

That's not clever bolts etc.. thats literally like me concluding LY59 looks like Matt and writing Matt... what? It says it!

Like bonkers illegal to the point where I would have assumed it just wouldn't be worth the bother?

Soldato
Holy moly that is so illegal! I hadn't realised someone had figured it out and I tried about half a dozen and couldn't figure it out..

That's not clever bolts etc.. thats literally like me concluding LY59 looks like Matt and writing Matt... what? It says it!

Like bonkers illegal to the point where I would have assumed it just wouldn't be worth the bother?
I only found the correct place as it's *just* visible in one of the 'ring photos, all the others are either blanked in MSPaint or the HARTY plate.

Soldato
I'm still staggered lol.. I understand but wouldn't do the whole sticking a bolt between 2 1s to make a H or something.. fine I guess but honestly, we might as well all change our registrations to whatever we want if we can produce plates based on roughly what we think it might look like..

I mean I guess they're show or track plates because you couldn't have those produced by a legit spot anyway as the last time I needed to buy a plate you had to give the V5 document or something?

The front of it man... I'm guessing it can't be on the road often because surely every single copper would throw the book at you over and over again?

Soldato
I'm still staggered lol.. I understand but wouldn't do the whole sticking a bolt between 2 1s to make a H or something.. fine I guess but honestly, we might as well all change our registrations to whatever we want if we can produce plates based on roughly what we think it might look like..

I mean I guess they're show or track plates because you couldn't have those produced by a legit spot anyway as the last time I needed to buy a plate you had to give the V5 document or something?

The front of it man... I'm guessing it can't be on the road often because surely every single copper would throw the book at you over and over again?

Agreed. Although given that his first reaction after flipping his car on the motorway, was being upset about writing it off, I doubt he gives a toss.

Back
Top Bottom