Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
Agreed. Although given that his first reaction after flipping his car on the motorway, was being upset about writing it off, I doubt he gives a toss.

In fairness all the stuff thats worth anything on those Supras can probably be salvaged and put on another even if you roll it.

And regardless of whether you give a toss getting a daily talking to/order to fix the plate off the police would be enough to stop me.

I mean I know we have far fewer actual police now but there's some!

Also.. what happens with ANPR cameras if you drive past and they can't make out the plate? Surely that flags something somewhere?

Soldato
You can order any plate you want online without ID or proof of ownership etc.

ANPR won't see anything if the software can't read it, it won't be able to if the font isn't standard or characters aren't normal. If the reg doesn't exist on the DVLA database it won't do anything as it's just a meaningless bunch of characters.

The down side of relying on technology for automated policing is it's really easy to fool..

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm surprised we're not at a point where it can identify a car but not the plate then flag it for a person..

But then I guess we'd need more people than we can afford.

I swear I'd get stopped if my plate was dirty.. terrible luck with cars and rozzers lol.

Associate
M1 Northbound near Northampton on Monday.

33399173_10156411436868256_8622890820955013120_n.jpg

Nice thing to look at while sitting in a traffic jam.

*big covered windscreen is due to 900 miles and no glass cleaner in the car....

Soldato
One of the ladies in my office has exceptional taste in cars. She's just upgraded from a 997 Carrera 4S to a 2018 991.2 Carrera GTS.

And before you all complain, some of the electric charging bays are reserved for those with electric cars, and the rest are a free-for-all.

eHIOyn1.jpg

Associate
haha can't believe harty made it to OCUK. we were out on a small supra club trip into france last weekend, most people run dodgy plates out there when driving like nutters. he makes a point of running it 24/7

Soldato
Thing is why does no one seem to care? He's obviously been driving around with it on for years and even in that crash footage the police practically just glanced over it :p

Soldato
Got this Jaguar E Pace for the weekend.
Nicely specced p300 so its the 300bhp 2.0 turbo petrol Ingenium with GKN active driveline system (same as focus RS) Borasco Grey, Matrix LED headlamps and the 21” top spec wheels. Interior execution and quality a good step up from F Pace.

Basically an evoque but 20mm extra in the wheel base and the integral link rear suspension from a Disco Sport which results in a larger boot.
HarhbLg.jpg
WLv8cOm.jpg

I460Jzu.jpg
SIHXcBr.jpg
X3e1dJv.jpg

Soldato
Customer cars were late March so all will be 18. This is a Fleet Evaluation Unit so she’s a bit of a **** as various people have a go and appraise it.

It’s good but doesn’t do a good job hiding it’s weight, need to get the driveline pushing through corners else understeer is pretty evident.

Back
Top Bottom