Post your FTTC line stats & unlocking info

Soldato
OP
I think hes talking about attainable rate for a 100 meter line, Which looking isn't bad at all.

Looking at the stats I would say its closer to 150 meters if not more.

Soldato
OP
New installs (towns new to FTTC) have wildly inflated downstream attainable rate figures, due to lack of crosstalk, once more and more lines are enabled on your cab the rate will drop. How far it drops depends on line quality etc.

Soldato
OP
I know people shun wireless, but I live in a 3 storey house and my computer is on the top floor and router is on the bottom, I still manage a 300mbs connection with a wndr37AV and get full speed, might be worth a try, I know routers are expensive, I'm waiting for the Asus N66u.

Soldato
OP
Looking good, was just about to say from the attenuation figure it's about 450/500 meter line lol.

I would expect the downstream attainable rate to drop in the coming months to the late 80's, as more people fill up the cab.

Mine was well over the 100 mark, it's settled at 95 now.

Soldato
OP
Looking at the attenuation, it's much much more than 500 meters, closer to 1k, or as above a poor alu line.

but hey, 33mb is better than what you used to get right?

Soldato
OP
Hmmm on ADSL you had a 2200 meter line at a gues and the speed isn't to bad, certainty not ALU buy the looks of it, or you could be just unlucky in having a alu D-side and copper E-side.

What I would do is unplug the modem and tell your ISP it's not syncing at all, then get the nice BT man to try a different pair.

Soldato
OP
The E-side pair is the one from the Exchange to the CAB.

The D-side pair is one from the CAB to your house.

It's the D-side that is causing you problems here.

I had a poor D-side when I first got FTTC, my estate is a few years old on .5cu copper and 300 meter D-side, I was getting 25mbit, after doing what I told you do and much whining they did a "lift & shift" since then it's been perfect with a 95mbit attainable rate.

Soldato
OP
# xdslcmd info --show
xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 6918 Kbps, Downstream rate = 45084 Kbps
Path: 0, Upstream rate = 2000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 29289 Kbps

Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 7.5 17.8
Attn(dB): 0.0 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 10.6 5.6

Not a massive difference but I was told I'm using 580m on Ali that's been there for 30 years!

I'm happy with the improvement the engineer was very friendly and helpful, I know he did everything he could!

Do you know how long before I see some improvements? I know I'm also still on a Interleaved profile but my ping has also gone from 35 to 25 so that's also good!

You defo need a line reset with that now, I can't see the DLM doing anything for you. kick off about it.

Soldato
OP
OK I stoped being a girl & have hacked it.

Although since rebooting the router my sync has dropped from 39997 to 39239

I have way too low snr Its fluctuating between 5.7-6.1. I'm guessing this is part of the cause of my problems. I had this with my old connection too :'(

Connection Status
Help
Mode VDSL2
Traffic type PTM
DSL synchronization status Up
DSL up time 434

Line Status
Help
Downstream Upstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s) 45772 7305
SNR margin (dB) 6 18.2
Line attenuation (dB) 0 0
Output power (dBmV) 11 -1.6

Statistics
Help

Path 0
Path 1
Downstream Upstream Downstream Upstream
Line rate (kbit/s) 39293 1999 0 0
CRC errors 0 0 0 0
FEC errors 0 0 0 0
HEC errors 0 0 0 0

Reboot the router about noon tomoz, should get you your full sync.

Back
Top Bottom