Post Your Home Cine & HiFi Kit...

Caporegime
No doubting that the cables are better, but worth hundreds of times more than normal cables....

Probably not, but then again who in this thread has had the opportunity to back to back test low / mid / expensive speaker cables?

The main problem and this goes for purchases of all budgets, is once someone perceives a difference between two products and then settle for the cheaper one it will just bug them.

Caporegime
Probably not, but then again who in this thread has had the opportunity to back to back test low / mid / expensive speaker cables?

The main problem and this goes for purchases of all budgets, is once someone perceives a difference between two products and then settle for the cheaper one it will just bug them.

It's just making something 'premium' to extract money out of people who have so much they don't know what to do with it.

Mainly amusing given all this stuff will be set up and connected to a network media solution that steams lossy content off Spotify or whatever.

Permabanned

Exactly.

I’m not going to pretend the difference was huge, but it was there and noticeable. It was quick to discern the difference too, didn’t require any self convincing and over a multitude of tracks there was no doubt.

If it wasn’t a blind test or there was some variability in the results of the tests, then I could have written it off as placebo.

If one were to try and quantify it / measure it, I’m sure the difference would be less than 1%

When you get to these levels, you pay a lot for a small improvement.

Permabanned
£8699.99 apparently:
https://www.futureshop.co.uk/nordost-tyr-2-loudspeaker-cable-pair

You can also get a Tyr 2 Kettle Lead Power cord - 1m for £2599.99
https://www.futureshop.co.uk/nordost-tyr-2-ac-power-cord-iec-uk-3-pin-plug

£2.6k for a Kettle Lead ?!?!?!?!?
They have tried selling me those with the power cleaner.

I struggle to see how such a thing could make any viable improvement.

Going to run another blind test and see for myself.

Definitely curious.

Permabanned
It's just making something 'premium' to extract money out of people who have so much they don't know what to do with it.

Mainly amusing given all this stuff will be set up and connected to a network media solution that steams lossy content off Spotify or whatever.

Uhhhh... no.

Spotify only comes out when I have dinner guests or party as my best playlists are there.

Otherwise it’s tidal/Qobuz/flac... looking to get a proper CD player and I love the sound of vinyl.

MP3s aren’t my fav, for sure.

The Mytek Manhattan II DAC is very good, although looking at getting the top end Naim streamer.

Associate
Buy a UK version of that kettle lead power cord for your PC and you'll see 100fps more during games too....

It's all just a con for those with money, looking at the specification I see nothing in there from an engineering/physics point of view that warrants that price, it's unnecessary gumpf!

If Steve Jobs did cables....

Soldato
Lol, the physics of speaker cables are well understood. The longer the run you have, the lower the gauge you want. The only thing you will lose, however, is power. Power = volume. That's literally it.

Blind testing isn't that great. You want a double-blind test to assure the methodology is accurate.

Back
Top Bottom