Post your mobile phone desktop!

Man of Honour
I did buy the S9+ and after a week returned it. The dual aperture was handy but IMO not necessary because mathematics can do a better job as evidenced by Google's Night Sight.

My main issue was I could not spot where the extra money over the S8+ was going, so returned it and went back to the S8+

I used to upgrade every year on sim free, but with bigger changes now every 2 generations Vs 1, I'm happy to get a new phone every 2 years now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I did buy the S9+ and after a week returned it. The dual aperture was handy but IMO not necessary because mathematics can do a better job as evidenced by Google's Night Sight.

My main issue was I could not spot where the extra money over the S8+ was going, so returned it and went back to the S8+

I used to upgrade every year since free, but with bigger changes now every 2 generations Vs 1, I'm happy to get a new phone every 2 years now.

There was nothing wrong with my S8+ but I just had new gadget syndrome, eventually ended up with the Note 9 and I can see myself keeping this now (hopefully) for next 2 years.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I used to upgrade every year since free, but with bigger changes now every 2 generations Vs 1, I'm happy to get a new phone every 2 years now.

Same here, I'm sticking with the Pixel 2XL, All the main 'new' features that were announced with the 3XL that I care about (night sight etc) have been ported over to the 2XL so there is no reason to move to the 3XL. More so that my 2XL is a replacement that is only a few months old and the screen is good.

Oh that and the fact the 3XL is pig ugly.

Associate
Now that Samsung Oreo is official...

S8Plus_HomescreenSetupGif.gif

- Nova Launcher
- Lines icon pack for dock icons
- Substratum themes: Status Bar icons for Samsung + Swift for Samsung

And the transition from back in 2010!

What widget are you using for the calendar?

Associate
Hey guys a few questions if i may.
What is the best clock widget atm pls and does it also work on the lock screen and the always on display of the note 9?

Best way to change icons and Folders is there a app is it paid ?
And also wallpapers live wallpapers on the note 9.

Does anyone know of a clock widget for the note 9 ect that will change portrait to landscape and back again , especially since i phone stand is a vertical one and i find it silly the inbuilt clock widget for the note 9`s always on display does not change what ever orientation you use.
Thank you in advance.

Associate
Hey guys i have just installed nova launcher pro and kgwt and i applied a icon pack changed my wallpaper . and because i have a dark theme the notification area is black and thus i cannot hardly see it is there an option ect to turn the notification area to a white font ect.

EDIT : Sorry i forgot to add how is it best to custom the always on display and lock screen ?

Cheers

Man of Honour
The font colour is denoted by the app developer and system theme control. So unless the app showing the notification supports notification theme awareness to change the colour, or the system theme allows you to change the notification shading colours (Swift Installer on Samsung phones, for example) then you won't get very far.

Associate
The font colour is denoted by the app developer and system theme control. So unless the app showing the notification supports notification theme awareness to change the colour, or the system theme allows you to change the notification shading colours (Swift Installer on Samsung phones, for example) then you won't get very far.

Thank you for the reply i sorted it : it was a setting i had toggeld in nova launcher (dark icons) it is now back to white and i can once more view it lol. silly mistake to make.

I am still after a decent weather app/widget though....

Soldato
I would have just got a Pixel :)

Had the Pixel 2 which was an awesome phone. But alas it was killed to death by my darling 5 year old son who threw it across my patio and it hit a wall and concrete step. It never was the same after that. Got some mid range Huawei thing now, which is OK. But all I could afford.

Soldato
I would have just got a Pixel :)

Had the Pixel 2 which was an awesome phone. But alas it was killed to death by my darling 5 year old son who threw it across my patio and it hit a wall and concrete step. It never was the same after that. Got some mid range Huawei thing now, which is OK. But all I could afford.

I had a Pixel 3 :p Honestly the hiccups in the performance were bothering me too much, the S10 in comparison is actually a much smoother experience.

Back
Top Bottom