** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Looks like the new one has a 1900R curve instead of 3800R. Hmmm, not sure I'd go for that, could play havoc if I wanted to do some page layout or web design.

Ah, nothing worth while then really :p Hopefully the price of the current one will reduce to below £700.......

It went down to £680 before Xmas. I've been keeping an eye out but it's not been that low since.

Would people not recommend the deeper curved one then? I'm not too bothered about the curve, more the ultra wide, free sync and resolution. So might be worth sticking with the old one if there are deals to be had.

Gsync or Freesync?

Hi all, new member here.
I am in the process of building a new PC so I have not yet purchased a GPU nor a monitor.
I like this monitor a lot so considering the difference in price of the Gsync and Free-sync versions I am leaning towards AMD. - Makes quite a difference in price.

Am I right? Would I be missing-out the 100Hz refresh rate?
What's your advice?

Hi all, new member here.
I am in the process of building a new PC so I have not yet purchased a GPU nor a monitor.
I like this monitor a lot so considering the difference in price of the Gsync and Free-sync versions I am leaning towards AMD. - Makes quite a difference in price.

What's your advice?

Normally G-Sync monitors do carry around £150-£200 premium over Freesync versions making Freesync setup much better much value for money. On these panels however you can also have 100Hz instead of 75 as a bonus.

I would say buying 144Hz go red team (as it's 144 vs 144) but buying these 34" I would opt for green team as its 75 vs 100.

Hi all, new member here.

What's your advice?

i have the freesync xr34 and well pleased with it, im not to fussed about 100hz tbh

It went down to £680 before Xmas. I've been keeping an eye out but it's not been that low since.

Would people not recommend the deeper curved one then? I'm not too bothered about the curve, more the ultra wide, free sync and resolution. So might be worth sticking with the old one if there are deals to be had.

Sorry if I'm being dumb...do you mean that the X34 was £680 before Christmas? If so then wow...

Decided I'm not gonig to jump in at the current prices, but keeping my eye on the prices.

It was possibly part of the black Friday sales not on overclockers though.

I gave it a miss thinking it would regularly drop to around the same but no such luck so far.

I've got it on price alert now if it drops below 700.

Ah I see, signed up too, thought you meant ocuk originally.

Still unsure about 34" 1440 though, would look epic etc. but it is so demanding especially for a 290 :(

Back
Top Bottom