** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Caporegime
Unfortunately no free delivery for NI :(

Just goes to show. Good things (don't) come to those who wait. But maybe your patience will reward you in the long term. ;)

Yeah hopefully but I think I may be waiting a long time... :p

Really would have loved to have purchased it as I can't see there being anything much better over the current 34" 1440 monitors until middle of/late 2017...

I just didn't want to be playing panel lottery (wouldn't put up with any bleed at all especially for £670), uncertainty with AMD/nvidia GPUs (of which we should know a bit more in the coming weeks) and aside from really freesync, slightly better motion clarity + bigger screen, I don't think it would have been worth £670 over my 29um65 in the end.

Besides, they didn't seem to be selling too quick + the conversion rate isn't the best atm so hopefully we will see an even better deal relatively soon ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a heads up but I find one 980ti doesn't have enough grunt for most of the games I'm currently playing on my x34. Lucky to maintain 60fps a lot of the time,which kind of negates the abilities and selling point of the monitor to do 75hz, 85hz.....100. Was gaming on the original rog swift before this so am used to and like high Hz, and I'm very surprised at how much more taxing the 3440 horizontal pixels are compared to 2560.

So, I've spunked out on a second Ti. Just saying, but one furyx might not be enough for your needs at 3440 x 1440 if you like and expect to get higher Hz and frames.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a heads up but I find one 980ti doesn't have enough grunt for most of the games I'm currently playing on my x34. Lucky to maintain 60fps a lot of the time,which kind of negates the abilities and selling point of the monitor to do 75hz, 85hz.....100. Was gaming on the original rog swift before this so am used to and like high Hz, and I'm very surprised at how much more taxing the 3440 horizontal pixels are compared to 2560.

So, I've spunked out on a second Ti. Just saying, but one furyx might not be enough for your needs at 3440 x 1440 if you like and expect to get higher Hz and frames.

I don't know what is happening with your rig but I am finding no issues at all maintaining over 60fps with my 980ti and X34.

Soldato
I don't know what is happening with your rig but I am finding no issues at all maintaining over 60fps with my 980ti and X34.

Nothing wrong with the rest of my system, it's x99, 5930k well overclocked. It just depends on the games you play, like I said.

As others have said too, the division maxed, new TR maxed, fallout 4 maxed, skyrim with enb and mods, Gta 5 (in certain areas), assassins creed syndicate and unity, etc etc etc. These, and others, are all too much for one 980ti at 3440 X 1440, if you like to game at 60fps and higher, with settings at or near max. Which is how I roll.

At 2560x1440 one Ti is perfect. The extra pixels on the 34 inch superwides are surprisingly taxing.

Also, in my limited testing so far, 980TI SLI is awesome for all these at 3440x1440. Lets the x34 do what it's supposed to. It's a ****ing expensive hobby this PC gaming lark unfortunately.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was just flipping through the menu and noticed you can overlay an aimer on the monitor. I thought that was pretty funny. Dont know if anyone else noticed it!

vNpUIWp.jpg

didnt know about the cross hair overlay, i tried it out on cs go but i had to turn it off as it was embarrassingly easy winning games and felt like cheating, not my thing as i rather lose gracefully than win with an unfair advantage

Back
Top Bottom