** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Associate
You game with an x34 and the onboard speakers ?:o

Is that a problem? For me the sound is secondary to the visuals. Do you watch Star Wars on a TV? Same thing. We could have a home theatre surround setup (I do), but most of the time it's just standard TV speakers - time and family don't allow much more.
I actually forget about the sound after a while, it does its job for games and I don't need anything more.

Soldato
Screen arrived, just put it up and it overclocked to 100hz no problems, but in BF4 i get flicker so will have to lower the overclock i think.

Not changed any other settings yet but will use my colormonki Display to setup the colours etc in a bit. Also need to look at the best settings for the OD etc.

Like the screen so far and looks great on my desk, cant wait to try elite later and test the BLB, and so far not seen any dead pixels.

Will update later with pics etc.

Have you tried other games apart from BF4 to see if you get flicker?

Caporegime
Is that a problem? For me the sound is secondary to the visuals. Do you watch Star Wars on a TV? Same thing. We could have a home theatre surround setup (I do), but most of the time it's just standard TV speakers - time and family don't allow much more.
I actually forget about the sound after a while, it does its job for games and I don't need anything more.

I'm flabbergasted.:eek:

The sound in games is what makes it...you don't have a soundcard and use headphones ?

And I have a home cinema room so yeah sound is paramount. Speakers in the wall...

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18372699&highlight=Easyrider's

I'm amazed that you spent near enough a grand on a monitor and play games through the speakers lol :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems mine will oc to 100hz and is fine on the desktop but in BF4 and dying light i have seen flickering pretty bad from the top to half way down the screen (black).

I have no dead pixels (checks to make doubly sure) that i have observed so far so been lucky in that way.

At 95 in game all seems to be ok, just fired up Elite again and boy it does look impressive on these UW screens.
Both the wife and Mother in law like this better than the LG variant i had last year (design wise), Calibrated the screen and so far im happy.

Will take some dark room black background pics once my eldest goes to bed, whats the best settings to use on my phone or pad to more capture how it looks here and not worse than it may or may not be?

Still sorting out the SLI settings etc and having to remember to turn sli back on once i finish playing an Ashes Of Singularity game as it is DX12 and Mgpu, so have to turn it off for that game.
I always forget lol.
Got my 980ti SLI working at about 1380 core per card now i have ticked the `synchronize setting for similar graphics processors` in Afterburner, before doing this the cards would not run above 1260 core each.

Soldato
I've been lucky, no dead pixels and minimal backlight bleed at the edges :)

Pleased for you, happy days ;)

in ashes using the mgpu im getting black flickering with the screen res at 95hz, going to run a single card and see if that fixes things or if its the screen not really liking 95hz either?

Update : It seems the colormonki display was causing some but not all of the problems. Uninstalling this has made 95hz play without flicker in both BF4 & Ashes of Singularity :) Although 100hz still has flicker in games but not on the desktop.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you tried a fresh install of the graphics drivers?

no, i have read elsewhere it doesnt seem to make any difference but i must give it a go, as you could be right and does seem to be related to the 3d engine side of things.

BRB

Update : removed cleaned and re installed Nvidia drivers and unfortunately the same issue persists. At 95hz games run fine it would seem, but 100hz and i have black flicker all over the place.

Update 2 : BLB and glow
Just used my HTC phone to take these pictures with a 200 ISO and no flash.

Seems i got a good panel, no real BLB or glow, settings for monitor are pretty much the same as TFT Central, brightness 36 and contrast of 50.

November 2015 on the box.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you got the HD audio for nvida installed? (if its nvidia... Check your sounds pannel my monitor shows up in that.
Windows has its own HD Audio driver, so even without it installed you shouldn't have any issues. For a fully functional minimal driver install you just need the Graphics Driver and PhysX driver.

Back
Top Bottom