** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Soldato
My x34 box just came as is, i.e. the Acer box itself, not in another box, and had a bit of 'ruffling' on one side. The sort of thing you might get from a big drop! But inside packaging and padding was all was fine and monitor fine. The box itself is enormous!

Last edited:
Soldato
The box is huge and for the monitor to be damaged from having abit of a hole I'd be surprised as it's right in the middle with foam protecting the screen side against the edge of the box.

Soldato
Well it arrived today. And WOW, manufacture date is Dec 2015.

No Stuck pixels. A quick look on a black screen I would say I have minimal bleeding.

And just had a quick run on The Division and with the same settings as my 29" FPS is still good.

I need a monitor mount, the stand is massive.

Caporegime
Nice Clairvoyant. Able to post photos comparing it to your 29um65? :D

How is motion clarity?

Was going to ask how you find dark content too as the 29um65 has a higher contrast ratio of about 1300:1 according to reviews but iirc, your 29" has bad back light bleed?

Caporegime

How is motion clarity?

Was going to ask how you find dark content too as the 29um65 has a higher contrast ratio of about 1300:1 according to reviews but iirc, your 29" has bad back light bleed?

BLB ? I just put an offer in for that monitor....withdrawn it though due to his selective reading and responding process...:rolleyes:

Soldato

How is motion clarity?

Im no expert, and have no clue on setting things up properly. lol

Overall I would say its better than the 29um65. Im thinking maybe for my desk Im to near it.

I need to do more testing and trying to set it up better. lol

Associate
Not sure why monitors manufacturers and designers even include them thses days.

They could build a bit cheaper.

I use the speaker son my X34 - saves desk space and for me there's no real benefit for super sound from expensive desk speakers. I also think that a lot of people use headsets so built-in speakers are convenient for a lot of people.

Soldato
Screen arrived, just put it up and it overclocked to 100hz no problems, but in BF4 i get flicker so will have to lower the overclock i think.

Not changed any other settings yet but will use my colormonki Display to setup the colours etc in a bit. Also need to look at the best settings for the OD etc.

Like the screen so far and looks great on my desk, cant wait to try elite later and test the BLB, and so far not seen any dead pixels.

Will update later with pics etc.

Back
Top Bottom