**** Pre-Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I highly doubt you're a huge fan. Between this and the other thread all you're doing is questioning people on why they're getting excited about this trailer...

You're not being a realist, you're just moaning and being antagonistic.

Just remember people, graphics aren't everything. Bloom, lens-flare, etc. doesn't make a game look "good"; it's about conveying a mood, establishing a believable setting, etc., and I certainly got those vibes from the trailer.

Always wanted a more fleshed out pre-war aesthetic, seems like we're getting it this time round. Also looks like a weather system is in play... :D

Associate
Fallout games have never used the 'best' looking engine. You also don't know how big the world is going to be. ;)

I don't see how they should have a free pass for having outdated graphics just because their last 2 games also had unimpressive graphics. Frankly given that FO3 and NV have reputations of being bug riddled with sub par graphics and janky animations, you'd think they'd make more of an effort to wow people.

Associate
Regardless of graphics or anything everyone will buy, they wants to appeal to the same audience, fallout was never about graphics all about the story and the interaction with the world

Permabanned
Just remember people, graphics aren't everything. Bloom, lens-flare, etc. doesn't make a game look "good"; it's about conveying a mood, establishing a believable setting, etc., and I certainly got those vibes from the trailer.

But when the dogs move like robots, it kind of kills the immersion...

Unless its a cyborg dog, then that makes sense.

Forget the bloom and lens-flare.. would be nice to have some high res. textures right from the off for once!

Caporegime
Okay, but with how much of a fan you are of retro games, you should know better than anyone that story/gameplay > visuals.

Very much so, but retro games were mostly made to the highest capability of the systems of the time. Developers not all, but most, pushed the game in ideas, playability, music and much more fitting it to the size of a tape or a small disk. From the amazing front covers, to the loading screens they made you go wow I must buy this for my C64 etc.

Thankfully a lot more people are coming forward about the detail in the trailer, we've moved forward in time, yet this trailer has gone back. So again, it may well come down to modders fixing it.

I will leave further judgement until the game play trailer is available :)

Soldato
Engine-wise, it looks like another modified iteration of Gamebryo. Can't say I'm massively surprised, and actually after seeing that trailer I can't say I'm disappointed either.

I suppose Gamebryo is an integral part of the franchise, the overall look and feel it brings to the atmosphere of the game is most likely a reason they kept it around.

Well, the Gamebryo engine IS capable of very good looking visuals. So really that won't be why it looked the way it did. I have issues with the Gamebryo engine, but the way it looks isn't really one of them.

Just look at how good Skyrim can look with mods, it shows what the engine is fully capable of. My issue is one of stability.

Some parts actually looked very good, and some parts looked really janky. There was something off that suggested it not all parts were necessarily in engine, especially with the dissidence between certain parts. It almost look like it was clips of things in various stages of development.

The reason I'm interested is simply because they've officially announced it.

Soldato
I think it is important not to judge things on a single short trailer. I just as much as anyone want this to look and play good. Yet at the back of my head, as I've mentioned in an earlier post elsewhere I am concerned about Bethsahdda skimping out on the game quality so modders can bridge the gap.

Soldato
2j6ww9.jpg

Yuk

Jesus Christ...

'Next Gen'.

Caporegime
It's funny, because the hoo-hah about The Witcher 3 'graphical downgrade' soon went away when people played the game and realised how brilliant it is.

The game looks good enough to me. It's Fallout for gods sake! It certainly looks better than Fallout 3 and New Vegas!

Permabanned
I highly doubt you're a huge fan. Between this and the other thread all you're doing is questioning people on why they're getting excited about this trailer...

You're not being a realist, you're just moaning and being antagonistic.

Well I guess it's a standard reveal trailer with 0 gameplay, however the graphics looked very dated but the fact that Fallout 4 is confirmed should be satisfying enough.

P.S I hope the dog doesn't die. I don't know why games lately that feature dogs have them die in some emotional way. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom