Predator X34

Associate
IMG_20171209_182701.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your impressions Fishlicker....think ill go for it :)

Ps. which monitor arm are you guys using, I can find the thread you posted regarding it.

edit: found it: Ergotron MX monitor arm

Last edited:
Associate
Nice :)...and nice headphones too .

Thanks for your impressions Fishlicker....think ill go for it :)

Ps. which monitor arm are you guys using, I can find the thread you posted regarding it.

edit: found it: Ergotron MX monitor arm

Yep that one.

I would go for it - I'm finding you can still get a good experience with a less powerful card even if its not technically 'optimal'.

Associate
I keep seeing this monitor and umming and ahhing on whether to get it as I'm already on a Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440 TN G-Sync 144H.

To hold off for a potential HDR / Better refresh rate or not to. Sigh.

Associate
I keep seeing this monitor and umming and ahhing on whether to get it as I'm already on a Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440 TN G-Sync 144H.

To hold off for a potential HDR / Better refresh rate or not to. Sigh.

Depends how much you really want a wider screen over everything else. It's obviously going to be a downgrade in terms of frame rate too. If I were you, I would hang fire personally, but then I was upgrading from a 1080P 60Hz non-curved screen so my decision was much easier!

Associate
If you can get this monitor for the price I did (under £800) then I'd still its a good buy. At a grand, maybe not so much. The new stuff might be better, but you can bet it'll be even more expensive! I've gotta say though for the bad press these monitors get, I'm delighted with mine.

Soldato
OP
...So I finally bought the Acer X34, and I must say wowsers, coming from 2 x Dell 24" ultrasharpes (4/5 yrs old), it is a whole new wonderful experience.

All of the concerns above are rightly founded, whilst you can game happily on a GTX1060 6GB, you do have to drop the detail to Medium to maintain a decent frame rate (50/60fps), particularly in The division, other games such as Doom run fine, but there are compromises.

I have been running this for around a week and just feel like I am running a Vauxhall engine in a Ferrari body, having to drop the detail just feels wrong on such a beautiful monitor, so you guessed it.....I ended up buying a GTX1080ti.

This arrived this morning, so ill post back after I install it tonight, I also got a 'Ergotron MX monitor arm' for £40 ;) to mount it on. Most expensive January ever! :O

Associate
For people with the Ergotron MX monitor arm + Ultrawide monitor - did you mount this to the monitor first?... or mount it to the desk first and then attach the monitor?

Soldato
OP
For people with the Ergotron MX monitor arm + Ultrawide monitor - did you mount this to the monitor first?... or mount it to the desk first and then attach the monitor?

Desk first and then the monitor onto the arm, its pretty tricky to mount the screen on the arm first unless you have 2 people then either way is fine :)

Back
Top Bottom