Project Cars 2 is en route :D

Associate
Have to say I'm not that impressed or at least I wasn't the last time I tried it.
The adjusting FFB seemed broken as it went from being extremely strong to virtually zero after a lap or two. When just using normal settings it felt dull without much road feel.
Maybe you need an expensive wheel to make it feel right.

Also I still felt the grass had as much grip as the track, it looks good but it just hasn't grabbed me.
I'll try and take another look when I get the chance but with a slow connection and 40gig download it's not easy.

Soldato
Have to say I'm not that impressed or at least I wasn't the last time I tried it.
The adjusting FFB seemed broken as it went from being extremely strong to virtually zero after a lap or two. When just using normal settings it felt dull without much road feel.
Maybe you need an expensive wheel to make it feel right.

Also I still felt the grass had as much grip as the track, it looks good but it just hasn't grabbed me.
I'll try and take another look when I get the chance but with a slow connection and 40gig download it's not easy.
Are you talking about pCARS 1?

Permabanned
Watched a preview on inside sim racing YouTube channel and they were well impressed with the new handling model.

Reallly looking forward to this.

Rule number 1 of pcars:

Don't believe the hype, especially from a company (ISR) who are sponsored by pcars.

That paid for marketing video with the McLaren employee a week or so ago saying pcars is the most ultra realistic thing ever should have set the alarm bells ringing.

It's a mainstream game primarily designed for joypad users, people need to remember this.

Last edited:
Associate
I never seen a video saying that it was the most ultra realistic thing ever, will have a look for it when back at pc.

Didnt know isr were sponsors either.....that doesn't sound too good then.

Associate
Rule number 1 of pcars:

Don't believe the hype, especially from a company (ISR) who are sponsored by pcars.

That paid for marketing video with the McLaren employee a week or so ago saying pcars is the most ultra realistic thing ever should have set the alarm bells ringing.

It's a mainstream game primarily designed for joypad users, people need to remember this.

Was never aware of the joypad bit!

Associate
It takes some effort to dial in the settings, but on the projectcarsgame forum as well as other forums like GT Planet there are loads of people who've done that for you, and if you don't use the Jack Spade tweaker files you really should try them, they are very good. I've got some wheel (T500) settings which provide FFB which exactly matches the visual wheel movement in game. When I'm playing in rift the virtual wheel moves and i feel the same movement through the FFB, add to that my transponder setup and SimCommander4 and the experience is so immersive it's unreal, all that's lacking is some actuators for motion and I'm there.

It definitely could have been much slicker out of the box, and it had more than it's fair share of bugs, but by gum once it was patched it became something really good.

There is a lot of bad feeling around because of the issues surrounding it's release, which for some reason people can't get over. It's only a game at the end of the day nobody died.

Associate
They can be aggressive and tend to cut corners. If it starts to rain and you're on slicks they just murder you, it's like they instantly switch to wets while you slide around...

Allowing for all those things I can still race with them, I just have to be wary and take my time. At least they don't just drive a fixed line as some games do, we'll call it character, even if occasionally the character is borderline psychotic with murderous intentions...

Back
Top Bottom