Project Cars 2 is en route :D

Associate
OP
looking so nice. Two great racers this autumn to play.

That looks amazing!
Couple things are off though. Rain from cars in front onto cars behind doesn't look right, especially compared to how good the rest of it seems.
That also shows up even more in the end replay footage.
Also the mist thing in the rain, that sort of looks off too.

Apart from that though, wowzers!

Associate
I really hope they have listened to the criticism from PCars 1 and fixed the little issues, i still play it from time to time but only for the UK tracks that no other sim seems to include.

Videos look good though i must say.

Associate
Sticky cars are gone, there's more lateral grip...the AI use lights when it starts raining...are there any other little issues from PC1 that you want to know about specifically? I've only just started playing PC2 recently but happy to test things out and report back...I can't do vids without getting them approved again sorry...SMS were worried about too much being released at once so have decided to slow it back down.

Soldato
Sticky cars are gone, there's more lateral grip...the AI use lights when it starts raining...are there any other little issues from PC1 that you want to know about specifically? I've only just started playing PC2 recently but happy to test things out and report back...I can't do vids without getting them approved again sorry...SMS were worried about too much being released at once so have decided to slow it back down.

How do the AI act in a race with regards to wet weather races and strategies? It used to wind me up no end in PC1 when it used to rain midway through a race and none of the AI racers used to pit to put on wets. They just stayed out and did the same lap times as if it were dry.

Associate
OP
handling looks much more improved as well, you can see some good catches mid corner now. Car looks much more planted to the circuit as well.

Loving the R8 sound as well.

It took me around 30 seconds to realise something was missing.
The steering wheel!

Was this via playback & passengers view point?

Associate
I really hope they have listened to the criticism from PCars 1 and fixed the little issues, i still play it from time to time but only for the UK tracks that no other sim seems to include.

Videos look good though i must say.

automobalista has cadwell park and oulton park, brands, plus decent mods of other uk tracks,

Soldato
I liked the first one, some of it wasn't for me though like the karts etc. I don't have the time these days to pour into it for setting all the cars up though so seems pointless me looking at the 2nd one.

Soldato
Karts were horrendous, and the reason a lot of people still hate on this game, because that was all they wanted to experience to form an opinion on the game and not want to go back to it. Project Cars is now is a very good racing game with FFB fixes better handling if you get past the initital karting.

Associate
The AI still needs work, at the start on the first turn it's a case of After you, no after you ect and so the cars tend slow to a crawl. Also if you get side by side the AI break rather than battle with you.
They believe they've found the fix for turn one issues at the start and this may also help side by side racing but hasn't made the patch yet.

Logitech bug is still there where the game won't open second time around.
Cut penalty is all over the place on some tracks so still needs work.

Back
Top Bottom