Project Cars 2 is en route :D

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I'm afraid this is simply not true, although it is a much repeated myth. Having watched the development from ribbons of tarmac floating in the air to full blown tracks, and cars progressing from wire mesh models to the final version I can hand on heart say PCars was written virtually from scratch. SMS didn't own NFS SHIFT code.
http://www.slightlymadstudios.com/tech.html

Next to the madness logo... It's the basis for all those games. It was vastly improved from them in comparison sure, but it's the same engine.

Not slating it, but I didn't gel with driving in the first game but not using it as an excuse to write this off in the slightest :)

Associate
So is the Madness Engine like/similar concept to the Unreal4 Engine used in shooters? AFAIK everything was programmed from scratch so what the heck does the game engine do? Colour me confused...but then I'm no programmer.

Permabanned
nothing worse than getting out front and not being challenged :D

That describes every single player racing game/sim ever made tbh

There is not a single racing game/sim in existence with realistic or truly challenging AI (in terms of speed/racecraft), some are getting there in terms of speed but it seems programming realistic and competitive racecraft is pretty much impossible.

Last edited:
Associate
Now available on game for pre-order, collectors edition £129.99

All content, 1:43 scale McLaren 720s steel box, making of book/artwork, special VIP esports pass that can be used at any official esports event to get backstage and potentially get some freebies/goodies. 4 cars that will never be available as dlc, exclusive content.

Game plus all dlc once they're done will probably cost that much at release day pricing so although it sounds a lot of money, and is, it's actually a pretty good deal if you are into collectors edition type stuff.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/project-cars-2-collectors-edition-1815049

Soldato
If anyone is interested, I've got Project Cars 1 giving very similar feel in terms of FFB to AC now...I would love AC if it wasn't such a buggy mess, it still feels like a Beta, nothing is ever simple. I keep going back because I love the driving but I find everything else about it so bloody frustrating.

I've recently changed some FFB settings but it's possible they are T500RS specific

Dead zone reduction changed to 0.07 (and the setting under it should be at 0 instead of 0.01)

Other settings are ffb 90 (although 100 was recommended I found it a bit too heavy), damper 0, tire forces 100, relative gain 1.10 with the other gain settings that follow that at 0.10 and 0.95

As with most wheels the centre spring has to be set to 0

Now when the wheel shakes in game I feel my real life wheel do the same, it's been a game changer for me. It really is worth browsing the ProjectCarsgame forum around this area where the Jack Spade Tweaker files are
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?121-PC-Technical-Help-amp-Support

Any chance you could share your FFB files? I have the same wheel and AC feels a LOT nicer than PC

Associate
I hope they do proper per car FFB tweaking, instead of leaving it for us to do.

They've got a bigger budget this time around so I'm sure they will...from what I've seen there will be preset FFB configurations which you can select and try out, the detail options will be there in the background for those who like to tinker too.

The Jack Spade files are car specific not just generic if you haven't tried them.

Soldato
They've got a bigger budget this time around so I'm sure they will...from what I've seen there will be preset FFB configurations which you can select and try out, the detail options will be there in the background for those who like to tinker too.
Exactly the sort of thing I'm after, I didn't mind tinkering on my favourite cars but to do all of them is a headache.

Soldato
Looks really promising, liking what I'm hearing 3specially the multiplayer skill/safety racing system like iracing.

Was so excited Forza 7 coming to pc until seeing the videos from E3 and reading about how rubbish the handling feels with a wheel, but after seeing and hearing about pc2, I'm more excited for the later now.

Back
Top Bottom