Project: Measure twice cut once! (56k no!)

Soldato
seems like a short if power is cutting, is it the same time on each restart?

you could always disconnect the power to the hdd / cd and see if its not enough juice?

Soldato
OP
I have, I'll give it a whirl tomorrow...

Tonight I twisted the cpu block 180 degrees back to where the instructions say it should be, disconnected the hdd, cdrw AND the gfx card and it's still doing it..

Getting fed up now.. :mad:

I need more ideas chaps, it's about to get taken to bits and sold at this rate! I can't help thinking its temps because once again, I left it all day, turned it on tonight and got into the bios fine.. stayed there for about 2-3 minutes and then started doing it again...

literally on-POST beep-off-on-POST-off-on-POST etc..

Doing my head in, if I could diagnose it I could fix it but as you can see from this thread.. taking it to bits isn't really an option! (well it is but I won't be putting it back together again)

Soldato
OP
I did... I'll have a good check with the torch on me w800 :D

EDIT: nope.. all in fine, one small benefit to such a small case, you can see that everything is connected as it should be..

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
monkeypants said:
I must say matt, there's much fun to be had putting rude words into that Sloganiser.

;)

heh..I can imagine!

And bundles, I did give everything a good shove but like I said taking stuff out isn't really an option.

I remember now why I wanted to test it with the stock heatsinks first :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Bundles said:
When somethings broken could do it :D

actually, thinking about it I could probably get it all out.. it'll be a pain but I did design it with a certain amount of flexibility..

Tomorrow! gfx out first, if anythings pulling too much power or knackered it'll be the 6800 ultra off the mm... everything else was brand new.

Soldato
the bend on the board? when certain motherboard components are heating up, motherboard tracks / strained ?

try blowing a deskfan in the case, also try to lossen the cpu block to losen the bend on the board. and then trying.

Soldato
One thing I have to do in my job is minimise change. We try to never make two changes on the same day. Fitting water-ccoling to a new build is two changes so you don't know whether it's the water-cooling or the new build that is the problem. I definitely think it's worth trying to fit the stock heatsink and make sure the basic hardware is functioining properly before fitting all the water-cooling - if nothing else, it allows you to see what a difference the water makes to the stock cooling.

Back
Top Bottom