Project Mega Rig

Soldato
OP
okimanoob said:
I have a spare V2000B+ Side Panel if you still need one ?

You have an email adress or use MSN? I'd rather keep any trading out of this thread. But yeah, how much would you be looking for? :)

Yewen said:
Considering your other projects can't wait to see how this ends up when its all done.

Cheers Yewen. Ive managed to get access to a laser cutter for free as well, so it should turn out quite nice I hope. Still undecided about the anodising though. It would certainly look great, but its going to be a massive job taking the whole case to pieces.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Mr-White said:
nice, you built one before ? need more specs, gas, evap blocks, compressor HP etc etc ??? :)

MW

Nope. This one was built by Gray Mole. I would love to build one sometime, but I still lack many of the tools I would need. The specs of this unit are;

404/402a blend (I think)
@itor Evap and enclosure
Danfoss NL11F compressor
Vapochill style backplate with heater
Mach style condensor
Unseen controller with Black/White display.

On the 150w tester it's doing well though. I used a 402a blend as I liked the setup on the condensor cooling and it's been great. -63 at no load, and -42 on 150w after about 1/2 hour so far. Compressor staying fairly cool, and no problems with it at all.

I've been using it with the tester for a while now, and while it's still no right at lower loads, it seems to be about right for 210w. I backed off the charge just a little and it fell off at about 210w, -33c.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not sure id this thread belongs better in here or in the cooling section now that im doing the cooling work. But today ive been working on the watercooling part to try and work out a bit of the tube routing etc.

Work out where the fillport and res should go;
p1010029or5.jpg

Make sure its central;
p1010032hj5.jpg

Drill a hole;
p1010033vw8.jpg

And fit the fillport and res;
p1010034dp2.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thats all for today. Ive still got to fit the blocks, but im going to leave that until im ready to fit everything in.;
p1010047en4.jpg

It was all a mighty tight squize to fit everything in. The main problem was fitting the T-line and making sure that there would be no air locks. My only slight concern is that the compressor might get quite hot and may affect the tubing. I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it though.
p1010048qj7.jpg

:)

Permabanned
You sure your rad is not going make mounting the evap a pain in the bum? I had problems with a 38mm fan in the same place with my Kayl head.

Went and put a PA120.3 in the top just for the NB

Soldato
OP
orderoftheflame said:
Looking good :)
Cheers :)

Justin said:
Wicked, your mods always make me jealous :(
Cheers :) And muahahaha! :p

Drazic said:
You sure your rad is not going make mounting the evap a pain in the bum? I had problems with a 38mm fan in the same place with my Kayl head.

Went and put a PA120.3 in the top just for the NB

I have to do a final dress reharsal, but im fairly sure its fine there.

Soldato
OP
A small update;

baycoverblueprint2ch9.jpg

baycoverperspectivetq1.jpg

p1010055ls0.jpg

The bay cover needs to be neatened up a bit, then polished and maybe painted/covered in black acrylic. Theres also rubber trim to fit along the bottom of it. I designed the bay cover perfectly. Unforunately I hadn't taken in the fact that I needed to be able to fit it into consideration. :o So I need to trim about 1/2" off the top for the thing to fit in the case. :)

Permabanned
OO nice...wouldn't mind one of them in my V2000B!!

The hose will be fine, the 2 80mm's you go them sucking in or out?

If the rad doesn't clear, fit roof mount it but interanly!!

You also need a PSU! Nice PC+P 510 will do the job and exactly what i have going spear currently

Soldato
OP
Drazic said:
OO nice...wouldn't mind one of them in my V2000B!!

The hose will be fine, the 2 80mm's you go them sucking in or out?

If the rad doesn't clear, fit roof mount it but interanly!!

You also need a PSU! Nice PC+P 510 will do the job and exactly what i have going spear currently

Thats 2x120mm fans :) Sucking in and drawing air over the harddrives. Don't worry about the PSU, thats just a crappy one to test for size when fitting the water loop. I'll be using my black Tagan in the end.

Ive got a bit more work done today;

Had to trim about 1cm off the top to be able to fit the thing. Ive also sanded the whole thing down to remove scratches. Ive also drilled the holes for mounting the fans. I now need to bore out the holes a bit bigger, and drill holes in the edge 'flaps' to mount it to the case.

p1010059us8.jpg

p1010057rd0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom