Project: Two storey/part single storey side and rear extensions

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
How's it getting on @kai ?

Steel was fitted Thursday with 2 layers of A393 mesh.

IMG-3365.jpg

Friday; we had the concrete poured (it was a fully loaded 8m3 truck via chute)

F4359322-F714-45-B1-A58-E-FD483-BD66774.jpg

It's really hard to appreciate from the photo's how big the area actually is. The fact it will be going connecting to the garage, existing extension and kitchen as one open plan is hard to comprehend

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
How's it getting on @kai ?
Update above; but been as i am going to be in a complete mess i have also agreed to have the composte decking extended much further out, pergola moved and an outdoor kitchen built when they do the new access (marked in green) with the whole are marked out with Larch Slatted Fence Panels.

outline.jpg

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Things are moving along (albeit a little slower than i would have liked). Builder has promised the roof of the gable will be on by the end of this month.

1st floor outer extension brick work is complete.
RCgQWdW.png

Old extension; outter walls still to come down ( and replace with glass, bi-folds and roof to be changed to flat rubber roof with full sky light.

YX7vT0m.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Fair amount of work completed last week;

Joists are now in and 3 of the 7 RSJ fitted.
Just take a million photos' I wish I'd taken more wider shots from the same position to show the build progress..

Looks good so far! looks like you could reach out and touch the trees from your new bedroom!

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Been a really slow 5 weeks due to the constant battle of torrential rain. This held up the completion of the roof and brickwork. The developer wanted the roof to be completed and the scaffolding stripped before starting on gutting and knockthrough. There is still a large amount of brickwork left but they wanted the scaffolding out of the way.

Today the scaffolding is coming down and we are starting to see the size of the extension. We moved out on the weekend as well (stressful); for an estimated 2-3 months. So i am hoping to no have no more excuses and they can just get on with it!

Ut1rTr2.png

USCzCME.png

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
Like a wrecking ball has hit the house. Most rooms are now destroyed. Can't even get to downstairs as the stairs and being removed.

It's kind of depressing; seeing your house being absolutely torn apart.

DoyH60a.png

30axCWY.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Missed this one and now have read though and subscribed.

Looking good so far.

The office door I'm liking the separate from the house, but one I would consider would be a hidden door, as Robin Clevett does on his build and might never be used due to shelfs and the like, but would probably add value if you came to sell.

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
First round of demolition downstairs has been going on this week. It's hard to appreciate the size of the space yet; but its really starting to open up. With the amount of glass and sliding/bi-folds it should be like a gold-fish bowl :)

This entire area will be the kitchen with the old main outer wall coming down Monday - going into the new extension.

g1wy0OF.png
#

The plan next week is to knock the wall marked down with the blue X and get the huge steel up and running across the length of the room, followed by a knock through into the new utility

Yo5mvdA.png

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
OP
How's it going @kai ?

Ridiculously SLOW; it is coming to a boiling point now with the developer; as we keep getting told everything is dependant on the steels. They arrived Friday but, because of the amount of work required before going in they cant lift them until the required work is done. We are being told as soon as this huge steel is place its a case of putting things back together and they can hit the house hard. We are aiming for being in by Mid/End of November. The developer has the kitchen arriving at the end of October.

We now have to damage an untouched room above; etc. to support the rear house.

ahPVPxK.png

The existing steel has to come out; the existing roof built up to be a flat level rubber roof and a large glass roof panel installed.

Next up will be (hopefully by the weekend) these two 13m steels hoisted across the entire back of the house.

BKtXbON.png

In essence my house is DESTROYED at the moment.

YUegfHN.png

7gXCxYX.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Presumably that exising steel/new steel will have a nib in /structural column underneath? It looks like it has very little bearing/footings underneath it.

Are they rebuilding your previous timber framed extension too? A good bit of work done anyway and not too long till you're over the demolition negative progress and start to see some positive outcomes.

Re: damaging an untouched room - trust me you want the temporary acro props to be good when the old steel is taken out, you see plenty crap where people see issues under windows afterwards otherwise or doors not closing etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom