Project Whurple - White/Purple Watercooled Build - Changes to 3d printer build!!

Man of Honour
OP
Looks great and the wonk has definitely gone! How are you planning on connecting the GPU to the Motherboard by the way? Looks like a long way to travel? I'm guessing it'll be ok. And are you planning on doing anything on the front of the case? Like pint the corsair logo purple at the bottom or is it too fiddly?

I have a riser cable perfect for the job on the way. On the front of the case I will probably respray the logo as I think purple would look good there but before I do that I need a better masking tape. I bought some replacement tape and it doesn't hold up against the stuff I was using before in terms of giving a nice edge and you really do need that logo to be spot on. Will have to buy some proper soft edge tape for spraying like I had before. But yes I think the logo has to change.

Soldato
I am pretty sure that there is no such thing as too much purple:

Only the first coat but looks pretty sweet imo.

source.gif

Didn’t know I liked purple and white but that looks ace. So clean.

Man of Honour
OP
@Vince thats Lilac not purple!

I was wondering when you would turn up :)

I know what you are all thinking though, you're thinking what with COVID is this build ever going to get more parts and what about the Chinese junk? Where in gods name is all the Chinese junk? Although the CPU is still not here, watercooling doesn't appear to have left china (then that could just be the tracking being broken), some stuff is actually making it through. Just dashed to the post office to pay my customs charges and I present to you the first Chinese dirt cheap parts. Total customs charges for this haul were £11.09p so consider that when you look at the prices outlined in the OP.

First up some of that memory with the RGB goodness, from a company nobody ever heard of and well it made it and for £35 plus some of that customs it actually looks like it might even work. Clearly though something needs to be done about the colour etc. Ever destroyed any chance of a warranty claim, if such a thing exists on such a product, before ever even trying something? I mean after what I am about to do to the memory they will not accept a return that's for sure and I refuse to take my machine apart to test so that is what is happening. Life on the wild side, they must change colour.

And yes I know that the back of my desk is dusty... dusted it now but couldn't be bothered to re-take the photo.

The specs of this stuff is 3200mhz cas 16 with some pretty lose timings after that. Will be interesting to see if it works and what it can do. We shall see once I have butchered it.

Right this next little lot was £18 and some of that customs charge, I don't even know if I want them or want to use them but I just had to see what £18 does on fans and a controller. You know what they don't actually look bad. Ill rig em all up to a supply later on and show you what these bad boys can do

TBC....

Soldato
For the crazy low prices
It doesn't actually look like junk :)
Especially the fans price
Never got any rgb fans as the price of them just seemed over the top to be honest
You have any links for where the stuffs coming from?
Or your mate sorted it all out for you?

Man of Honour
OP
For the crazy low prices
It doesn't actually look like junk :)
Especially the fans price
Never got any rgb fans as the price of them just seemed over the top to be honest
You have any links for where the stuffs coming from?
Or your mate sorted it all out for you?

Sorry dude anything not bought through a friend and that I had an explore for I can't really post links for as ocuk sell competing products and it breaks the forum rules. If you hunt I am sure you would be able to find Chinese products exactly like these at prices very similar prices.

Soldato
Sorry dude anything not bought through a friend and that I had an explore for I can't really post links for as ocuk sell competing products and it breaks the forum rules. If you hunt I am sure you would be able to find Chinese products exactly like these at prices very similar prices.
Yeah just ignore me
Having a DOH! Day today
Totally forgot what forum I was on lol
So of course you can't link them

Soldato
The outer white rings of the fans.... Purple! Or if that's the rgb bit then ignore me. The ram got too be purple and white though, be a shame not to, or just white with the purple as the rgb or the rgb white and the main body purple!

Man of Honour
OP
I rigged up the kolink with a paper clip, plugged in some fans and this gentlemen is what we have:

They shift quite a bit of air and dont make a whole lot of noise. Pretty impressed. I might have a fiddle with one of the controllers to see if I cant wire something in there as a permanent way of setting my desired colour. Want a darker purple than that and the only way to achieve that I think is fiddling with some voltages or something... Will report back once I have blown it up.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Very nice, such a clean look and the purple sits against it so well :)

Cheers dude. Hopefully won't take forever to finish. I mean it might if I keep making it hard work but time is on our side as parts are taking ages to come. Also forgot the obligatory purple top hat:

Back
Top Bottom