PS(PC)VR 2, anyone interested?

Does anyone know what the minimum operating area size is for psvr2?

I don't have a large area and need to know if it will before I buy. I had issues with psvr1 because my area was too small so it would lose tracking of my arms

Enough room to fully open your arms for games that support sitting/standing still apparently.

The inside-out tracking in PSVR2 is massively better than the single camera based one of PSVR, so you shouldn't have tracking issues with a small playspace.

Wonder how well etfr works with fresnal lenses. It's a huge step forward for improving visuals without needing dual 4090s, but if the lenses don't have near edge to edge clarity, it seems less useful?

Gran tourismo 7 confirmed to have VR support

Free update for current owners of the PS5 version available at launch of PSVR 2 in February!

GT7 on sale in the PS store at the moment for £40 if anyone is tempted to buy in advance. Might grab it today though your can probably buy a physical copy for the same price.

My main concern is that they were a bit but light on details and what kind VR support it would have. Is it a single track/level. The entire game? Multiplayer support? The footage we saw was only one car and one track which makes me worried?

I’d hate to buy it then find out I can only play one track in single player offline VR!

Last edited:
Free update for current owners of the PS5 version available at launch of PSVR 2 in February!

GT7 on sale in the PS store at the moment for £40 if anyone is tempted to buy in advance. Might grab it today though your can probably buy a physical copy for the same price.

My main concern is that they were a bit but light on details and what kind VR support it would have. Is it a single track/level. The entire game? Multiplayer support? The footage we saw was only one car and one track which makes me worried?

I’d hate to buy it then find out I can only play one track in single player offline VR!
would like to know this too. ive just been checking out the car list, there's lots i like. will wait for reviews of the game before buying but i'm liking what i see. havent owned a console for 10 years.

Edit: just pre-ordered psvr2, hope gt7 is worth it.

Last edited:

It will be the same. But with vr I'd imagine

Tips the balance for me, was waiting on it.

Conformation if anything else that driving games are possible on the PSVR2. We'll see more to come for sure, EA will surely do F1, and hopefully it secures VR support for when they take over the WRC rally series.

I'm convinced that GRID legends drops next.

Enough room to fully open your arms for games that support sitting/standing still apparently.

I could also open my arms, the issue was that I had to sit so close to the camera that my arms were outside the cameras field of view. I assume with inside out tracking that will no longer be an issue?

I’ll be grabbing GT7 I think after this news. Am honestly concerned my PC will get used even less when my PSVR2 arrives, even though upgraded my GPU yesterday. Especially if they get Simucube wheels & other third party devices working on PS5

I'm so looking forward to GT7 the car list is right up my street, i've been lucky enough to own IRL several of the japanese sports cars featured in the game such as the skyline gtr's, it'll be great to relive them in vr :D .

i highly doubt i'd get rid of pc though as i enjoy vr flight simming plus have several racing sims, plus things like cyberpunk vr which will never come to console.

I'm not particularly excited by it right now, the specs/features aren't (imo) groundbreaking, but i can see the appeal to some. It's vr without the need for an expensive pc and the headset itself probably won't be that expensive. But it's not for me plus I'm not a console gamer.
I hope it does well.
^ this comment i made last september didn't age well :p

i've been re-reading this thread. psvr2 was rumoured on here 2 years before launch day, and the early rumours/leaks on specs were pretty accurate. the price is a bit higher than some predicted though.

I think the hardware looks decent but no way I'm buying it purely for Playstation platform, I can understand why commercially Sony thinks that is a good idea for them

I hope Sony allowed it to be used in pc

Sony already allows its controllers to be used on pc

They'll get a lot more sales releasing on pc

Last edited:
I hope Sony allowed it to be used in pc

Sony already allows its controllers to be used on pc

They'll get a lot more sales releasing on pc

I was wondering if they might keep that as an ace card to play later on, but it might not be something they can sit on for too long, with the newer better headsets being lined up.

30 million ps5s have sold though, so it might be they can just keep it exclusive if it sells well.

PSVR 1 suffered from poor retention and software sales as it was just too much hassle to setup with all the wires.

Hopefully the single wire of PSVR 2 will mean more people actually keep playing it and buying games.

I'd definitely buy one if it could be used on PC but I just can't justify getting into a new VR ecosystem where there are only a few exclusives I'd want to play but the majority of games I already have on Quest or Steam.

Back
Top Bottom